Repairing Canon 85mm 1.8 myself

I dropped my 85mm 1.8 today. When everything looks okay to me except the "mount ring" is bend. I guess that's what it called.

After I dropped the lens, I tried to put it back on my camera 5D Mark II. Once I fit my lens to the camera, and I got stucked when I tried to turn and lock the lens to secure on my camera.

I think I can fix it myself but I just couldn't find a mount ring replacement part online. Does anyone of you know where I can buy one? Please help! Thanks million.

Jennifer

Are you talking about the metallic mount that contains the contact pins and is screwed to the rear of the lens?
I think its best you contact Canon first- they sell many of their user-serviceable parts for very reasonable prices, before going the ebay route.
By the way, make sure to use Japanese industrial standard screwdrivers- these aren't standard Philips heads. I almost stripped a screw- luckily I noticed before I started.

Mind you, if any contact is broken below the mount then you might either have to buy more parts or need to get it serviced professionally altogether. So you might want to take the mount off first and see if there is any deeper damage before ordering a replacement mount. My 2c. But mount replacement by itself is quite easy.
Good luck.

Upvote 0