Review: Canon EOS R3 final review by DPReviewTV

john1970

EOS R5
CR Pro
Dec 27, 2015
Northeastern US
. And it's not just the bodies that are overpriced - just look at the price of the Canon 100-500mm and compare it to the considerably cheaper Sony 200-600mm. I think most sports and wildlife photographers would prefer the extra 100mm at the tele end, as chosen by Sony. The Sony has a wider max aperture too.
Frankly, I prefer the 1.5 lb lighter weight of the Canon and I would question if a third of a stop aperture (f6.3 vs. f7.1) makes a significant improvement.

ozturert

EOS 90D
Jan 16, 2019
I love these guys but it is obvious they don't have any experience with sports or similar photography where this camera will excel.

Jul 21, 2021
I think it's interesting that they keep talking about comparing the R3 to the apparent Nikon & Sony flagships... I don't think Canon is touting the R3 as their "flagship" camera, just happens to be their latest.. We'll see what happens if and when Canon launches an R1 camera..

RayValdez360

Soon to be the greatest.
Jun 6, 2012
Philadelphia
I think it's interesting that they keep talking about comparing the R3 to the apparent Nikon & Sony flagships... I don't think Canon is touting the R3 as their "flagship" camera, just happens to be their latest.. We'll see what happens if and when Canon launches an R1 camera..
Actually my issue is that they didnt try to compare it with the R5 or the R. At least to show how much the system changed since the R

Jethro

EOS R
CR Pro
Jul 14, 2018
So, far from being actually a 'final review', DPR now publish this:

canon-eos-r3-studio-scene-published

"we can see off the bat that the R3 turns in competitive detail in its class. Differences between it and other cameras with similar resolution will predominantly come down to their anti-aliasing filters".

On DR: "We were curious as to what extent – if any – the EOS R3's super-fast electronic shutter might be adding noise, and the answer appears to be 'not much'. You have to get into the super-deep shadows, pushing between 5 and 6 stops, to really see a difference."

Apparently there's still a 'full review' coming ...