Review: Tamron 35mm f/1.4 Di USD

Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
The-Digital-Picture have completed their review of the brand new Tamron 35mm f/1.4 Di USD, a lens Tamron claims to be their best ever.
Does it hold up to Tamron’s claims?
You typically buy a wide aperture lens to use at its widest aperture. Often, the aperture selected on my mounted prime lens does not leave the wide-open setting. Unfortunately, the image quality at the wide-open aperture is so often not amazing, typically showing reduced resolution and contrast. The good news is that this lens turns in very nice image quality even at f/1.4.
The Tamron 35mm f/1.4 Di USD Lens delivers very sharp full frame corner-to-corner results with a wide-open f/1.4 aperture. Stopping down to f/2 brings a noticeable bump in contrast and another slight increase can be seen at f/4 where the results are very impressive. Read the full review
Tamron 35mm f/1.4 Di USD at...

[url=https://www.canonrumors.com/review-tamron-35mm-f-1-4-di-usd/]Continue reading...

The lens' IQ seems to be very good - and I am glad that my EF-M 32 mm looks very good too which is the right focal length for me as one-lens-solution (EDIT: on APS-C where it has approx. 50mm equiv). Hopefully Tamron creates an f/1.4 50mm of the same breed because I would like to have one if I go full frame ...

Upvote 0