RF 14-35 F4L shipping

Oct 29, 2012
Rec'd my RF14-35 today, Aug 28. I placed my pre-order on Jun 29 with B&H. Looking fwd to trying it out. Good luck with yours.
Thanks. Same to you. Not sure how long it will take Adobe to get profiles into Lightroom. I have bought and sold a lot of lenses over the years, but only preordered this one and the RF 100L macro.

I have the RF 15-35, and love it. Looking for a smaller, lighter one for when space matters, and assuming the IQ is good (and by that I mean good enough for me lol) the extra mm on the wide end will be very nice

Upvote 0

Kiton

Too deep in Canon to list! :o
Jun 13, 2015
Picked mine up today, the shop put just my EF 16-35 2.8 on the scale, then the R5 AND the 14-35 f4. Only 200 grams separate the 2!! I like that. I do not like that the lens is fully retracted into the barrel at 20mm, not at 14mm. I would have prefered a smaller front, like 72mm max, 67 would be a dream, but I know that can't be. 72 would have been better in the pocket. Quick walk with it and so far so good, but very unscientific tests just shooting as I left the shop. Tomorrow I am shooting for the paper and will see how fast the auto focus is in low light.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I ordered from B&H on 8/4 and check status daily on Canons website. Today it finally showed as in stock. So what does idiot me do? I cancelled my B&H order and ordered directly from Canon. Only to get an email 5 min later saying its back ordered. I've already sold my EF 16-35mm f/4 and adapter as it was the last EF lens I was hanging onto. I'm screwed, I know I am. Lost my preorder place in line. Heading to Glacier National Park on 9/26 and I dont know what I'm going to do.

Upvote 0
Jul 21, 2010
I ordered from B&H on 8/4 and check status daily on Canons website. Today it finally showed as in stock. So what does idiot me do? I cancelled my B&H order and ordered directly from Canon. Only to get an email 5 min later saying its back ordered. I've already sold my EF 16-35mm f/4 and adapter as it was the last EF lens I was hanging onto. I'm screwed, I know I am. Lost my preorder place in line. Heading to Glacier National Park on 9/26 and I dont know what I'm going to do.
Canon has website issues. With the 100-500, it would sometimes show as in stock on the product page, but once added to a cart it would show as backordered.

You could consider renting an EF 16-35/4 or possibly an RF 15-35/2.8 for your trip.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0
I sold my EF 16-35 an adapter just to get this for this big trip, lol. I bit the bullet. I ordered the 14-35 f4 earlier then just happened to check stock for 15-35 2.8, Then I called and they confirmed in stock. So I ordered the 15-35 2.8 and carepak for 5 yrs. I hope I dont regret the weight. I use it for landscape and dont need anything below f/4 typically. So I hope I can dual purpose this 15-35 for astro. I really wanted the f/4 ALL bc of the weight savings. We do a lot of portrait work and my RF 85mm 1.2 rarely leaves my R. I'm crossing my fingers and hoping I can pick up the RF 100-500 for this trip and I'll be happy.

Upvote 0

canonmike

EOS R6
CR Pro
Jan 5, 2013
We've all been there with Canon's on line store, twmooney. Lesson learned??? Just because Canon shows it as being in stock, doesn't make it so. When ordering any product direct from their store, it pays to wait until merchandise actually received before cancelling anything elsewhere. Hope you get your dilemma worked out. As neuroanatomist mentioned, you might consider renting something for your trip.

Upvote 0
Oct 29, 2012
I sold my EF 16-35 an adapter just to get this for this big trip, lol. I bit the bullet. I ordered the 14-35 f4 earlier then just happened to check stock for 15-35 2.8, Then I called and they confirmed in stock. So I ordered the 15-35 2.8 and carepak for 5 yrs. I hope I dont regret the weight. I use it for landscape and dont need anything below f/4 typically. So I hope I can dual purpose this 15-35 for astro. I really wanted the f/4 ALL bc of the weight savings. We do a lot of portrait work and my RF 85mm 1.2 rarely leaves my R. I'm crossing my fingers and hoping I can pick up the RF 100-500 for this trip and I'll be happy.
I have the 15-35, great lens and you will love it. I also got the 14-35 for then size, but also the extra 1mm on the wide end. If you get the 100-500, you will love that one too. Don't miss my 100-400 at all...

Upvote 0

Kiton

Too deep in Canon to list! :o
Jun 13, 2015
I have the 15-35, great lens and you will love it. I also got the 14-35 for then size, but also the extra 1mm on the wide end. If you get the 100-500, you will love that one too. Don't miss my 100-400 at all...
After a week with the 14-35 it is already a love/hate relationship. The vignetting in the corners at 14mm is more than I expected. The weight of this lens in the pocket is a dream. I would love to hear a little more when you have done a photo walk with both the 15 and the 14 and what you like/dislike about both.

Today was the third 4 hour plus walk this week. I do NOT miss carrying the EF 16-35 on those walks.

Upvote 0
Oct 29, 2012
After a week with the 14-35 it is already a love/hate relationship. The vignetting in the corners at 14mm is more than I expected. The weight of this lens in the pocket is a dream. I would love to hear a little more when you have done a photo walk with both the 15 and the 14 and what you like/dislike about both.

Today was the third 4 hour plus walk this week. I do NOT miss carrying the EF 16-35 on those walks.
So far so good, but I’ve not given it a good work out yet.
Sure hope Adobe gets a profile in LR soon since DPP has such an antiquated interface.

Upvote 0