Rumors are slow, let’s talk RF lens wish lists

That would be a killer street photography lens.

Exactly. The 40 on a little Rebel film body is pretty awesome, on the 6D is pretty awesome. In APS-C land, the 24mm pancake gives almost exactly the same field of view as the 40 on full frame. The 24 on a little rebel SL1, SL2, or SL3 is pretty awesome. Come to think of it, the 22mm EF-M pancake on something like the M5 or M50, or M6MII is also pretty good, though a bit wider field of view.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0
50 f/1.4 (or 55mm or 58mm) which is relatively small and light (ie closer to the size/weight of the EF 50 f/1.4 than the RF 50 f/1.2L) and moderately priced. I don't expect such a lens to be optically as good as the RF 50 f/1.2L, but I'd like it to be a step up from something like the 50 f/1.8 STM (eg in terms of bokeh). If it was f/1.8 rather than f/1.4 I'd still be interested, if size/weight/price are right - and from the rumours it seems that is probably the sort of lens we are likely to get.
nally.

This is exactly what I want - make a replica of my old Sigma 50/1.4 EX in RF mount with modern AF and take my money! Price isn't much of a factor for me, I just want nice bokeh in a compact and lighter weight package.

Upvote 0

zim

CR Pro
Oct 18, 2011
Exactly. The 40 on a little Rebel film body is pretty awesome, on the 6D is pretty awesome. In APS-C land, the 24mm pancake gives almost exactly the same field of view as the 40 on full frame. The 24 on a little rebel SL1, SL2, or SL3 is pretty awesome. Come to think of it, the 22mm EF-M pancake on something like the M5 or M50, or M6MII is also pretty good, though a bit wider field of view.
By the time any of these lenses turn up you'd be better off just using the ef40 and adapter or wait for the 50 f2/f1.8 yes i know those ain't pancakes but doubt they will make anything smaller than that for a long time if ever. I'm a big fan of the 40 that's what I'd do.

Upvote 0

koenkooi

CR Pro
Feb 25, 2015
The Netherlands
Previously my most used lenses were:
  • MP-E65mm (macro)
  • EF100mm L (macro)
  • EF180mm L (macro)
  • EF85 f/1.8 (my kids)
  • EF-M32 f/1.4 (my kids)
Since a few weeks I have the RF100-500, which is great for dragonflies and the RF85 f/2 has been preordered at launch.

So what I'd like to see in RF is:
  • A long-ish stabilized 1:1 macro, e.g 200mm
  • A loooong stabilized 1:1 macro, e.g 400mm
  • A stabilized macro that can do up to 3:1 and focus to infinity, somewhere between 60 and 100mm. Preferably with a slot for the same rear filters as the EF-RF filter adapter, the flashes tend to be waaaaay in front of the lens causing flare and other internal reflections.
  • 50mm f/1.8 that works with the R5 IBIS to remove the rolling motion when I try to film my kids.
And not RF, but related:
  • A first party twin light flash that's a lot cheaper than the MT26-EX at €1300.

Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0
A 200mm-600mm f/5.6 would be pretty awesome and an RF 135 f/2. That's my wish list
yes, thats really important. RF 100-500 does really good with autofocus but you simply miss the quality/background blur when you have to crop images for sharing with social communities. Also 100-500 should have been made with F 4.5 to 6.3 atleast.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0