Save $40 on the brand new Topaz Photo AI software, which brings popular tools into one package

Canon Rumors Guy

EOS-1D X Mark III
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
Topaz Labs has been making some great tools for the last decade or so, and they have now combined some of their best products in one suite called Topaz Photo AI.
This new suite includes DeNoise AI, Sharpen AI, and Gigapixel AI.
From Topaz Labs
AI is good at some things but bad at others. It can write sentences but can’t tell a story, and it can recommend songs but can’t compose music. But most importantly for us: AI is exceptionally good at improving image quality, but bad at knowing what to do with it.
We believe that stunning photography comes from artistic vision paired with world-class tools. AI will never replicate human creativity, so it’s still your job to provide the vision. But just like a sharper lens or...

Continue reading...

AlanF

Stay at home
CR Pro
Aug 16, 2012
I got it as a free update as I bought Topaz AI Sharpen, Denoise and Gigapixel. Some features are good, like the Enhance function, which can work well on terrible images. However, it is much slower than the three, individual AI programs and has bugs like you can't refine the subject selection where parts are missing or background gets in the mask. But, Topaz is very good at bringing out bug fixes, which they seemed to do daily with the previous AI suite.

bhf3737

---
CR Pro
Sep 9, 2015
Calgary, Canada
www.flickr.com
I agree with Alan. It is good for a quick fix and can speed up the process at the expense of less detailed control. For birds, the subject selection currently often misses their legs and beak which needs improvement of their training algorithm.

R1-7D

EOS RP
Jun 25, 2012
Canada
Alan is on the money here with his review.

At the moment, Photo AI is too slow and buggy to be able to replace the standalone Topaz apps in my opinion.

Memdroid

EOS 90D
Nov 12, 2013
It is painfully slow for batch processing, even with exported 4MP Jpeg files it takes forever on my M1 Max. The results are however better IMO but I will not be using it if it is this slow.