Save $40 on the brand new Topaz Photo AI software, which brings popular tools into one package

Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
Topaz Labs has been making some great tools for the last decade or so, and they have now combined some of their best products in one suite called Topaz Photo AI.
This new suite includes DeNoise AI, Sharpen AI, and Gigapixel AI.
From Topaz Labs
AI is good at some things but bad at others. It can write sentences but can’t tell a story, and it can recommend songs but can’t compose music. But most importantly for us: AI is exceptionally good at improving image quality, but bad at knowing what to do with it.
We believe that stunning photography comes from artistic vision paired with world-class tools. AI will never replicate human creativity, so it’s still your job to provide the vision. But just like a sharper lens or...

Continue reading...

AlanF

Desperately seeking birds
CR Pro
Aug 16, 2012
I got it as a free update as I bought Topaz AI Sharpen, Denoise and Gigapixel. Some features are good, like the Enhance function, which can work well on terrible images. However, it is much slower than the three, individual AI programs and has bugs like you can't refine the subject selection where parts are missing or background gets in the mask. But, Topaz is very good at bringing out bug fixes, which they seemed to do daily with the previous AI suite.

Upvote 0
Jan 27, 2020
Used it for a few days and, in my opinion, not ready for launch. Does a good job with its Auto denoising, but sharpening is so much worse than in their individual Sharpen AI software that itis hard to believe it is made by the same folks. I found that even at the lowest strength setting, sharpening was too strong. For any difficult sharpening situations, such as a heavily cropped bird in flight, it was next to useless. Exact same image sharpened with Topaz Denoise AI comes out very well. Topaz folks are looking for feedback, so hopefully fixes and improvements will be forthcoming. The good news is that Topaz offers 30 day money back guarantee, so I was able to get a refund.
It's supposed to make the denoising and sharpening quick and fairly automatic, but with a little bit more ability for user input and adjustment compared to DXOPureRaw2. I just finished a trial of DXO PureRaw2 and, while it does a good job, left me wanting a few more options, such as being able to save as TIF. You can save DXOPureRaw2 as a DNG or JPG, but JPG is useless if you have any light areas as it blows out your highlights. It would also be nice if you could mask certain areas rather than it have edit the entire image. So I was looking forward to Topaz Photo AI's subject detection, which will mask your subject and allows for some strength adjustment, but anyone who uses a brush to mask specific areas, will find this subject detection wanting. I would recommend the individual Topaz softwares, but not their new Photo AI.

Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0