Seashore, Beaches and Harbours

Lion Rock:

Envy you returning to Hong Kong, one of my favorite places. I was a 747 Captain for 15 years and flew all over the world, but HKG was always a favorite to explore. I am retired from that now but involved in other things, if not so far afield. My gal's brother has a place at Neskowin and my son went to school in Eugene. I always laughed in HKG when the temp would hit the mid 60's and everyone was bundled up in down coats! I have been there for some of the big fireworks displays and also the famous laser light shows.

Cheers: Tom

Upvote 0
Jan 1, 2013
Tom,
Now I understand all the photos you took of the many places posted here.
Since you're an airline pilot, a Captain, too, you still have the privilege of flying on your company's plane at little to no cost. And, non of the pressure and responsibility of its captaincy. Now, go and enjoy life to the fullest and travel the world like you never did. Oh, don't forget tomphotograph the wonderful places.
I'm now in NZ., South Island and saw some awesome places, really open my eyes! I've a few more days here, and today, I went along the southern coastal scenic routes, just incredible. I'll have a few pix here later.
When I was growing up in HK., we thought that 10 C was cold, and indeed, it is when you have no central air at home. Then, it is also a fashion statement these days to wear heavy coats, fancy coats at that. When my wife came over (in Corvallis), she initially wore woolen caps even to bed. Now, she's totally used to below freezing, even with wind chill.
Hope to see more of your photos.
Cheers from Invercargill, for tonight.
-r

TomF said:
Lion Rock:

Envy you returning to Hong Kong, one of my favorite places. I was a 747 Captain for 15 years and flew all over the world, but HKG was always a favorite to explore. I am retired from that now but involved in other things, if not so far afield. My gal's brother has a place at Neskowin and my son went to school in Eugene. I always laughed in HKG when the temp would hit the mid 60's and everyone was bundled up in down coats! I have been there for some of the big fireworks displays and also the famous laser light shows.

Cheers: Tom

Upvote 0