Short Macro film, 5D Mark III with reversed Zeiss Otus lenses

Hi!

I have created a short film using (reversed) Zeiss Otus lenses and a 5D Mark III (magic Lantern). Enjoy, and please let me know your thoughts.

Background:

Production: Zero Landscape
Directed and Written: Martijn Rijnberg
Music: Vincent Fournier-Boisvert

“As an assignment for the parents, our daycare asked us to collect all objects that were important for our 3-year old son during the summer holiday and put them in a shoebox. These so-called summer boxes were used as an aid for the children to help them to vividly relate in the group about their experiences during the summer. I was thinking about a way to bring this box of objects alive in a film and to find a way to have the audience feel the emotions my son had during his holiday. As this idea grew, I contacted musician Vincent Fournier-Boisvert and asked if I could use his beautiful song ‘Un Mois de Bois Mort’ of the album ‘Mon Coeur est une Arme’ for this purpose. Being a side project, I have filmed this in a year or so, picking it up once in a while. It took patience creating the macro shots and seeing how the footage could be best combined with Vincents song. I loved to do the project, as I could do some of the stuff with my son, and it was always nice to see how the film slowly grew.”

- Finalist Canadian Screen Award Qualifying 51st Annual USA Film Festival 2021 -
- Nominee BAFTA Qualifying Aesthetica Short Film Festival 2020 -
- Nominee Miami Short Film Festival 2020 -
- Official Selection Academy Awards® Qualifying Leuven International Short Film Festival 2020 -
- Official Selection 2020 BAFTA-Cymru Qualifying Carmarthen Bay Film Festival (CBFF) -
- Finalist Lonely Wolf: London International Film Festival 2021 -
- Official Selection 2020 The Valley Film Festival -
- Official Selection Berlin Lift-Off Film Festival Online 2020 -
- Finalist 2020 Around International Film Festival Amsterdam -
- Semi-Finalist 2020 Flickers' Rhode Island International Film Festival -
- Honorable Mention 2020 Film Los Angeles Film Awards -
- Semi-Finalist 2021 Dumbo Film Festival -

Reactions: 1 user