Aug 8, 2012
The Florida Peninsula
Upvote 0

Krob78

When in Doubt, Press the Shutter...
Aug 8, 2012
The Florida Peninsula
falcnr said:
Well since others have flashed their hooters ....i flash mine. :)

Some random shots taken with 1dMK4 or 1DX and using 300, 400mm or 500mm lens and in the sawet owl ..a 70-200mm f2.8. Hope you like them.

Love them Falcnr, especially #3 & 4. Very nice! Congrats on some great captures! :D

Upvote 0

Jack Douglas

CR for the Humour
Apr 10, 2013
Alberta, Canada
lion rock said:
I'm with you, Jack! I hear them occasionally, but our neighbourhood forest is too dense for easy view.
To the posters, your hooters are delightful, 8) ;D!
I'm taking a ceramic sculpture workshop in August. I plan to sculpt a hooter, photos were taken when I visited Scotland recently at a bird sanctuary.
-r

Be sure to post a pic!

Jack

Upvote 0
Jan 1, 2013
Jack,
The sculpture class was today, not August, my mix up.
And sorry to disappoint you, there were a few people here who were doing owls, and so I planned for a giraffe, but guest what, a friend selected to do that. I'm just one who wants to be <strike>difficult</strike> different, so I made another change. I did a hippo, instead.
-r

Jack Douglas said:
lion rock said:
I'm with you, Jack! I hear them occasionally, but our neighbourhood forest is too dense for easy view.
I'm taking a ceramic sculpture workshop in August. I plan to sculpt a hooter, photos were taken when I visited Scotland recently at a bird sanctuary.
-r

Be sure to post a pic!

Jack

Upvote 0

Jack Douglas

CR for the Humour
Apr 10, 2013
Alberta, Canada
lion rock said:
Jack,
And sorry to disappoint you, there were a few people here who were doing owls, and so I planned for a giraffe, but guest what, a friend selected to do that. I'm just one who wants to be <strike>difficult</strike> different, so I made another change. I did a hippo, instead.
-r

Jack Douglas said:
lion rock said:
-r

Be sure to post a pic!

Jack

Post it anyway!

Jack

Upvote 0
Jan 1, 2013
Jack,
These are for you. My sculpture. My first venture, too. It stands 5 inches tall and is about 6 inches long.
Critique welcome.
Photos are shot handheld, not in best light or in any artistic fashion, just a snapshot.
-r

Jack Douglas said:
lion rock said:
Jack,
-r

Jack Douglas said:
lion rock said:
-r

Be sure to post a pic!

Jack

Post it anyway!

Jack

Attachments

• s-IO5A7631.jpg
    s-IO5A7631.jpg
    558 KB · Views: 201
  • s-IO5A7634.jpg
    s-IO5A7634.jpg
    484 KB · Views: 197