Show us your Hooters (Owls)

Absolutely great shots, I took a few of owls myself recently, happy with them but I see I have a way to go. Some of the focusing on moving subjects is simply sublime.

As for the title, excellent title, if anyone's offended by it they probably deserve to be. Let's not let this tyrannical move to "political correctness" rob us of any more of the language's rich variety!

Upvote 0

surapon

80% BY HEART, 15% BY LENSES AND ONLY 5% BY CAMERA
Aug 2, 2013
APEX, NORTH CAROLINA, USA.
mackguyver said:
I hope the subject line wasn't too subtle ;). I don't see a thread devoted to owls, so I'll get one started. I think they are really cool and I've been very fortunate to find a few of these guys but have never actually gone looking for them, and yes, most of mine are barred owls:

Barred Owl - hooting his head off for his mate from his fishing perch:
i-jJ7C4n3-L.jpg

Great Horned Owl - spotted the silhouette just before sunrise:
St_Marks_NWR_6-29-2014_7647_ID-L.jpg

Barred Owl - in my backyard - he comes by almost every evening but this is the first time he was close enough to actually see:
Backyard_Barred_Owl_3-31-2014_4595_ID-L.jpg

My first wild (barred) owl in my front yard - not a great shot, but I was really excited to finally get a shot of one in the wild!:
i-WCvPSXW-XL.jpg

Eastern Screech Owl (Captive) at the local zoo:
i-Hz57xGF-L.jpg

Dear friend, Mr. Mackguyver.
Sorry, I come to post the photos at the wrong POST " The Hooters( Owls)"-----That Between You and me, For the HOOTERS meaning of city guy/ old guy like me = beautiful ladies----No way the old guy like me try to spend 8 hours, and try to capture the real Hooters/OWLS's photos in the mid of the cold night.

Ha, Ha, Ha---Just have some FUN, my dear friend Mr. mackguyver.
Have a great Sunday evening.
Surapon

Attachments

• hooters-1.jpg
    hooters-1.jpg
    114.2 KB · Views: 2,345
  • hooter-2.jpg
    hooter-2.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 944
  • hooter-3.jpg
    hooter-3.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 928
  • hooter-4.jpg
    hooter-4.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 903
  • hooter-5.jpg
    hooter-5.jpg
    123.6 KB · Views: 943
Upvote 0
surapon said:
Sorry, I come to post the photos at the wrong POST " The Hooters( Owls)"-----That Between You and me, For the HOOTERS meaning of city guy/ old guy like me = beautiful ladies----No way the old guy like me try to spend 8 hours, and try to capture the real Hooters/OWLS's photos in the mid of the cold night.

Surapon
index.php
This rare species is the "busty hooters" ?

Upvote 0

surapon

Aug 2, 2013
ajfotofilmagem said:
surapon said:

Surapon
index.php
This rare species is the "busty hooters" ?

Ha, Ha, Ha---Dear my Teacher Mr. ajfotofilmagem.
Yes, " This rare species is the "busty hooters" ", yes, You are the expert of the species of the hooters any way, But I know that Mr. Mackguyver is a Expert of the Night lifes of these beautiful hooters too.
But this specie, We do not need the long , long lens such as 600 mm or 800 mm to take their photos, I love to use 12 mm. lens , and to get super close to their noses, and see their beautiful eyes too.
Well, We just want to have " FUN thinking in Sunday night.
Have a great night, Sir.
surapon

Upvote 0

surapon

Aug 2, 2013
mackguyver said:
Orangutan - those are nice photos of the endangered species that sadly became a political hot button and LSV, it's good the owl landed where he/she did!

Surapon, this thread is meant for the natural beauties, but I can appreciate your post 8)

Thanks, Dear Friend, Mr. mackguyver.
Well, Just want to have FUN, and my English is the second language , And I do not know and never see the real Hooters in the wild, Except in the restaurants----Another WELL, as you said " this thread is meant for the natural beauties"---These photos that I post = Natural Beauty too + 200% add on beauty"---Yes, IF you not believe my words, Please ask all of our men friends ( May Be Ladies friends too), I can bet $ 1 US DOLLAR , that they will agree with me about the beauty of these Hooters----Ha, Ha, Ha.
Have a great work week, Sir.
Surapon

Upvote 0
surapon said:
mackguyver said:
Orangutan - those are nice photos of the endangered species that sadly became a political hot button and LSV, it's good the owl landed where he/she did!

Surapon, this thread is meant for the natural beauties, but I can appreciate your post 8)

Well, Just want to have FUN, and my English is the second language , And I do not know and never see the real Hooters in the wild, Except in the restaurants----Another WELL, as you said " this thread is meant for the natural beauties"---These photos that I post = Natural Beauty too + 200% add on beauty"---Yes, IF you not believe my words, Please ask all of our men friends ( May Be Ladies friends too), I can bet $ 1 US DOLLAR , that they will agree with me about the beauty of these Hooters----Ha, Ha, Ha.
Surapon
Surapon, I'm quite familiar with the restaurants (too familiar, perhaps, at least for my wife), and I know you're having fun :) Unlike their outdoor counterparts, they are much easier to find, but yes, some of them aren't all natural ;), but they are beautiful in their own way, at least for men ;D

Upvote 0

surapon

Aug 2, 2013
mackguyver said:
surapon said:
mackguyver said:

Surapon
Surapon, I'm quite familiar with the restaurants (too familiar, perhaps, at least for my wife), and I know you're having fun :) Unlike their outdoor counterparts, they are much easier to find, but yes, some of them aren't all natural ;), but they are beautiful in their own way, at least for men ;D

Ha, Ha, Ha---My dear fried, Mr. Mackguyver.
We have super FUN to day.
Good Monday evening, Sir.
Surapon

Upvote 0
mackguyver said:

Thanks. I think these photos are more interesting for the subject matter than for the quality of the image -- they have some technical problems due to the lighting (and my skill level).

This was right outside a designated Wilderness area. As I understand, the biggest threats to this species are habitat loss and competition from barred owls, a close relative.

I don't recognize the term "LSV"....

Upvote 0

Valvebounce

CR Pro
Apr 3, 2013
Isle of Wight
Hi Mackguyver.
:) :) :)
Could you please select the correct definition of LSV from the following list for us that are not familiar with the term? ;D

LSV: Life Saving Victoria ****
LSV: Low speed vehicles ***
LSV: Lifestyle Support Vehicle ***
LSV: local spatial variability **
LSV: Location-Subject-Verb **
LSV: longitudinal sound velocity **
LSV: Large Soundhole Vintage **
LSV: Legal Skills Values **
LSV: Left Subclavian Vein **
LSV: Language Sex Violence **
LSV: Live Sports Video **
LSV: Lateral Sacral Vein **
LSV: Large Scale Vehicles **
LSV: Limited Services Volunteers **
LSV: Limited Service Volunteer *
LSV: Line Status Verification *
LSV: Launch Support Van *
LSV: logistics support vehicle *
LSV: Landsat Satellite Views *
LSV: Large Scale Venting *
LSV: Lyric Sheet Version *

I have removed the obvious incorrect definitions and reduced the list from 75 to what you see here. ;) should the correct definition be missing please feel free to add it.
:) :) :) off
Thank you for the clarification.

Cheers Graham.

Upvote 0
Oragutan & Graham:

That's a question for LSV him or herself - I was referring to the person that posted the photo of the Burrowing Owl sitting above the electric fence a couple of posts above this one. Sorry for the confusion!

Graham, I love all of the guesses, and I'll add my best guess:

LSV: Lunacy Started [by] Valvebounce

;) ;D ;)

Upvote 0