Sigma 50-100mm F1.8 DC HSM

FramerMCB said:
Very nice results! Looks like Sigma has produced another winner. Have you had to fiddle much with AFMA settings for this lens? And do you have the Sigma dock?

Thanks! I do have the Sigma dock- but it has been in the box since I bought it a few years ago! I only bought it for future firmware updates / issues. I'm still "getting to know" the lens so I haven't done any AFMA to it yet (from in camera or with the unused dock). I like to use a lens for a while to learn what AF misses are user error and what adjustments can be dialed in to tweak it. I'll report back after more use and post more photos.

One thing I have noticed so far in my early use is that it is much sharper at closer focusing distances (where I pretty much will always use it), compared to shooting long distances / at infinity.

Upvote 0

FramerMCB

Canon 40D & 7D
CR Pro
Sep 9, 2014
pdirestajr said:
FramerMCB said:
Very nice results! Looks like Sigma has produced another winner. Have you had to fiddle much with AFMA settings for this lens? And do you have the Sigma dock?

Thanks! I do have the Sigma dock- but it has been in the box since I bought it a few years ago! I only bought it for future firmware updates / issues. I'm still "getting to know" the lens so I haven't done any AFMA to it yet (from in camera or with the unused dock). I like to use a lens for a while to learn what AF misses are user error and what adjustments can be dialed in to tweak it. I'll report back after more use and post more photos.

One thing I have noticed so far in my early use is that it is much sharper at closer focusing distances (where I pretty much will always use it), compared to shooting long distances / at infinity.

Thanks! I rented (from Lens Rentals: great experience!) the Sigma 18-35mm f1.8 Art for a Spring Break trip in 2015 and loved it! (Paired to my Canon 40D) I only noticed some focusing issues in a few instances, for the most part stellar. We went to LegoLand in Carlsbad, California; the PIMA Air & Space Museum in Tucson, Arizona; thru Sedona, Arizona; and to the Grand Canyon (for a brief overnight stay). It was a treat to use.

Upvote 0