So Nikon D600 is real after all

I

idimoe

Guest
briansquibb said:
Looks pretty close to the specs of the 5DIII to me

Hard to tell from the pictures, but the ergonomics seem way more prosumer (D7000) than the 5DMK2 or MK3. Not a surprise given the rumored price point of $1500. Can't have it all after all. :p
 

gmrza

EOS RP
Jan 21, 2011
523
1
idimoe said:
briansquibb said:
Looks pretty close to the specs of the 5DIII to me

Hard to tell from the pictures, but the ergonomics seem way more prosumer (D7000) than the 5DMK2 or MK3. Not a surprise given the rumored price point of $1500. Can't have it all after all. :p

Regardless of that, competition is good! It will be great for Nikon to put the heat on Canon with this. Canon won't be able to continue using the 5DII as its entry-level full-frame offering against a newer spec body with a cheaper price-tag.

Of course, the sensible thing will be for Canon not to make any public announcements until after the D600 is official.

What is interesting is that Canon doesn't really have an AF system to compete with a 39 point system from Nikon. Canon would also need a new full frame sensor to position a body below the 5DIII, unless it released a body using the same sensor and only a Digic 5 instead of a Digic 5+ processor.
 
Apr 19, 2011
4,761
1
briansquibb said:
Looks pretty close to the specs of the 5DIII to me

only 9 cross points, who knows if AF works as well, 1 fps less (5 vs 6 actually does make a bit of a difference for sports action 6fps is just enough to get somewhat more noticeably higher rates of two key frames of action although under 7-8 doesn't at all guarantee it will happen), worse video most likely

i wonder what sensor? the D3x? that one had great dynamic range, much better than the 5D3, although the high ISO won't be as good as the 5D3 (from what I recall, vaguely, from DxO)


that said it sounds better than the 5D2 and the rumored price of $1500-1700, whoa. Whoa.

I really gotta sell my 5D2 FAST before it loses all value.
 

Sith Zombie

EOS 90D
May 26, 2012
167
0
www.lightroomimages.co.uk
Does look pretty sweet, its even got a top panel LCD. Reading the spec list, it's also meant to have weather sealing!? How are they pulling it off? obviously it won't be top notch weather sealing, maybe a bit behind or equal to a 7D but the whole package is looking very appealing to me as I'v wanted FF for ages and was going to settle on a 5Dmkii and put up with the AF. Hmmmmmm...... I could deal with shooting Nikon and Canon.
 
I

idimoe

Guest
Sith Zombie said:
Does look pretty sweet, its even got a top panel LCD. Reading the spec list, it's also meant to have weather sealing!? How are they pulling it off? obviously it won't be top notch weather sealing, maybe a bit behind or equal to a 7D but the whole package is looking very appealing to me as I'v wanted FF for ages and was going to settle on a 5Dmkii and put up with the AF. Hmmmmmm...... I could deal with shooting Nikon and Canon.

They could be losing money on it and recouping it with fx lenses sold. Just one hypothesis I guess. I mean, it would be a good way to get people to buy into their system. I am interested for one.
 

caruser

EOS 90D
Aug 24, 2011
134
0
idimoe said:
They could be losing money on it and recouping it with fx lenses sold. Just one hypothesis I guess. I mean, it would be a good way to get people to buy into their system. I am interested for one.

Given the D600, the Nikon 1 also makes more sense: Keep mirrorless to small sensors and lower the bar to full-frame DSLRs and their expensive lenses.
 
A

Astro

Guest
the new nikon 24-85mm lens seems to be the kit lens for the D600.

now canon has to answer or even more people will jump ship.


It's a POS

don´t be so hard on yourself.... your images will look better with time. LOL


ps: i wonder what this has to do with EOS BODIES?
can a mod move this thread please!
 
Jan 10, 2012
439
1
idimoe said:
Sith Zombie said:
Does look pretty sweet, its even got a top panel LCD. Reading the spec list, it's also meant to have weather sealing!? How are they pulling it off? obviously it won't be top notch weather sealing, maybe a bit behind or equal to a 7D but the whole package is looking very appealing to me as I'v wanted FF for ages and was going to settle on a 5Dmkii and put up with the AF. Hmmmmmm...... I could deal with shooting Nikon and Canon.

They could be losing money on it and recouping it with fx lenses sold. Just one hypothesis I guess. I mean, it would be a good way to get people to buy into their system. I am interested for one.

Seems reasonable to me.

I've had my eye on the Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8 for a while, and it seems like Canon is not going to release a similar EF lens. I'm having a savings account open next year with more than enough money for the 14-24mm, so if the D600 is what the rumors make it (spec wise, and on the low price-wise for an FF camera), I'll be buying a D600 w/ Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8

Once I have both a 5Dmk2 & a D600, why stick with EF lenses? Whichever bayonet has the better deal has my cash.
 

Albi86

EOS R
Apr 24, 2012
821
0
DArora said:
As the topic says, check out the leaked pics/specs at Nikon Rumor: First leaked Nikon D600 images

I am eager to see Canon's response to this one and hoping that canon will respond with a decent entry level full frame with 18~22 MP, usable ISO upto 3200 atleast, 6fps.


Regards,
Deepanshu
My Flickr Photostream
My Indiegogo Fundraising Campaign

Well, I hope it's real :)
Until official announcements I still retain my part of doubts.
BTW, the new 24-85mm they announced sounds sweet. You can preorder it already for less than 600$. Sure, you loose 35mm to the 24-120, but I would not be surprised if this lens turns out to be sharper.
 
W

weekendshooter

Guest
LetTheRightLensIn said:
briansquibb said:
Looks pretty close to the specs of the 5DIII to me

i wonder what sensor? the D3x? that one had great dynamic range, much better than the 5D3, although the high ISO won't be as good as the 5D3 (from what I recall, vaguely, from DxO)

Brand-new 24mp Sony Exmor sensor, to be shared with the upcoming Sony A99 flagship. Expect D800-level performance at 24mp. This is definitely going to break new ground; can't wait to see what Canon has up its sleeve!
 
A

Astro

Guest
weekendshooter said:
Brand-new 24mp Sony Exmor sensor, to be shared with the upcoming Sony A99 flagship. Expect D800-level performance at 24mp. This is definitely going to break new ground; can't wait to see what Canon has up its sleeve!

well lets hope it has something up it´s sleeve.
something that can compete in terms of price and sensor quality.

i wonder how hard it is to compete with nikons price.
canon does the R&D for sensors, nikon is buying sensors from sony.

question is.. is sony producing way more sensors then canon so the cost for single sensor is lower?
 

Albi86

EOS R
Apr 24, 2012
821
0
Astro said:
question is.. is sony producing way more sensors then canon so the cost for single sensor is lower?

Or they just have a better, more cost-efficient, technology :)
 

studio1972

EOS M6 Mark II
Sep 17, 2010
76
0
48
Wirral
sarahmcdonnell.co.uk
Sith Zombie said:
Does look pretty sweet, its even got a top panel LCD. Reading the spec list, it's also meant to have weather sealing!? How are they pulling it off? obviously it won't be top notch weather sealing, maybe a bit behind or equal to a 7D but the whole package is looking very appealing to me as I'v wanted FF for ages and was going to settle on a 5Dmkii and put up with the AF. Hmmmmmm...... I could deal with shooting Nikon and Canon.

I doubt weather sealing costs more than a few pennies to add, unless it's 'drop it in the bath and it's ok' weather sealing.

And the rumoured prices always seem to be miles off, so I wouldn't pay much attention to that. If it's a new sensor it will put a lot of pressure on the 5D3 price, if it's the old D3x sensor, not so much!