Spring

AshtonNekolah

Time doesn't wait, Shoot Like It's Your Last.
mackguyver said:
Here's my favorite spring shot from February 8th of this year, which is during our Winter-Spring-Winter-Spring-Winter to Summer period that goes from January to April. We go from 30F to 90F and back and forth many times until suddenly it's 90F and raining everyday. I'm not sure we really have seasons, just hot, less hot, and cool days.

This is a pair of Spring Snowflake(s), a tiny flower the size of a small berry, and one of my favorite subjects. Taken at 1:1 with 5DIII+180 macro @ f/8, 1/30s, ISO 400 +1EV:
Maclay_Gardens_16713_ID-XL.jpg

sweet man.

Upvote 0
I am trying to figure out how to use the wide(est) angle on the 11-24mm. For those of you that have not tried, I can assure you, 11mm is extremely wide.

Global warming is screwing up our regular perception of the seasons, so this looks more like early June than early May. The good thing about this lens is that it includes so much of the background, which adds to the story.

5DIII, 11-24mm f4L @ 1/60s, f5.6, ISO100

Attachments

• _B3A2025.jpg
    _B3A2025.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 429
Upvote 0
Good to see some activity on this thread again.

When I grew up here in Norway, we always wondered if the birch would be green in time for our national day, May 17th. In recent years, that has not been a problem. Global warming is really happening and we should all be concerned. But the upside for us Norwegians is that spring comes early. This year, not only will the birch be green, but we already have lots of flowers, including my favourite, the Lily of the Valley.

1DX-II, 100-400 f4.5-5.6L IS II

Attachments

• _V4I0935.jpg
    _V4I0935.jpg
    648.5 KB · Views: 333
Upvote 0
Jul 29, 2012
Canada
Eldar said:
Good to see some activity on this thread again.

When I grew up here in Norway, we always wondered if the birch would be green in time for our national day, May 17th. In recent years, that has not been a problem. Global warming is really happening and we should all be concerned. But the upside for us Norwegians is that spring comes early. This year, not only will the birch be green, but we already have lots of flowers, including my favourite, the Lily of the Valley.

1DX-II, 100-400 f4.5-5.6L IS II

Lovely. Nicely done, Eldar.

Upvote 0