Stock availability on the 100-500L - preorders?

Bert63

What’s in da box?
CR Pro
Dec 3, 2017
Has anyone heard anything about the availability of this lens at launch? It's supposedly being released on the 28th and I was curious if anyone had heard if the lens has received enough attention to put itself into an R5 type situation.

I don't want to have to sit and wait on two items to get here until early next year. lol..

1D4

Jun 5, 2020
I don't understand why on b&h the release is for 8/28 and amazon it's 9/30... I pre ordered on amazon i'm afraid to switch to b&h and not be in the first batch
The estimated date for B&H was September for a long time, and at one point they even told me mid-October. It only switched to 8/28 recently, and now 8/27. It's quite possible the other retailers will update their release dates to earlier. I'd be wary about switching to B&H this late in the game...I'd guess they have the most pre-orders of any retailer.

Upvote 0
Here in Hong Kong the lens will be available on August 27th or 28th (I got a confirmation by Canon Hong Kong a few hours ago). Canon and a few official retailers started to take pre-orders today.
Yes I have just been told the same by Canon UK , that the RF100 -500 will be delivered to stores for the 27th of August .

Upvote 0