Super-telephoto landscapes?

Nov 12, 2016
The other day I was on my way back from a trip when I stopped off in the city, so I had a lens combo with me that I normally don't carry around. I always enjoy looking way down long streets like this, and I thought it would be interesting to try to capture it in a photo. This was taken with a 70-200 2.8 and a 2x teleconverter, at 400mm. I love the unique perspective it gives, and how it packs so much into one photo. I'll be the first to admit that it's pretty busy, but I like having a perspective that's not even visible to the naked eye. I had to do some research on Google maps after I took this photo to even figure out what that yellow building is in the middle of the photo. Turns out it is about 1.25 miles from where I'm standing to take this photo. :eek: It's a building that's across from a bar that's in a completely different neighborhood. So, perhaps even long focal lengths have some place in shooting landscapes/ city scapes.

Attachments

• 5D4_09932.jpg
    5D4_09932.jpg
    387.7 KB · Views: 195
Duckman said:
Kit Lens Jockey said:
. So, perhaps even long focal lengths have some place in shooting landscapes/ city scapes.

I love using telephoto for landscapes!!
-J

X2 - it gives a compressed perspective we don't often see in LS - I shoot LS sometimes with the 100-400 v2 and the 70-200. Not all will feel right to the eye, but when it works, pretty spectacular. Nice shot of the street.

Upvote 0