Surf Photography

Click said:
I really like your series TexPhoto.

Thank you. This was a tough day of shooting. It rained on and off, sometimes hard. I was shooting with a buddy and we had a normal beach umbrella and trash bags for protection. We had maybe 20minutes of good light in the 8 hours of shooting.

I brought all my gear in a large wheeled ice chest which worked great. In the car, the cooler kept the gear from getting cold in the air conditioning, so no condensation. It was not very waterproof though, and collected rain as we shot. I will make a plastic rain cover for it next time.

Upvote 0
Surfing photography is about the journey and getting in to the location to enjoy the ocean and the aspect in many different aspects

being part of the scene thats one of the magic of surf photography the connection in between all the elements being there being part of the action

all photos where taken with a 5d mark 3, spl splash waterhousing, canon 8-15mm, 85mm canon 1.8

Surfing competition is different that the actual lifestyle of a surfer, the surfing competition photography is about the progression of the sport, lifestyle surfing photography is a documentation of surfer looking for the perfect waves enjoying the landscape and the oceans by the journey

Attachments

• derek180_mag_by_ephcto_web_portada.jpg
    derek180_mag_by_ephcto_web_portada.jpg
    411.7 KB · Views: 248
  • ephcto_27diasbali_10-2.jpg
    ephcto_27diasbali_10-2.jpg
    407.1 KB · Views: 267
  • ephcto_puerto_rico-26.jpg
    ephcto_puerto_rico-26.jpg
    403.4 KB · Views: 273
  • hawaii_sunset_art_pipeline_by_ephcto-1.jpg
    hawaii_sunset_art_pipeline_by_ephcto-1.jpg
    349.4 KB · Views: 254
  • vagos_la_camina_libre_by_ephcto-10.jpg
    vagos_la_camina_libre_by_ephcto-10.jpg
    981.2 KB · Views: 281
  • hawaii_sunset_pipeline_by_ephcto-4.jpg
    hawaii_sunset_pipeline_by_ephcto-4.jpg
    375.5 KB · Views: 247
  • ephcto_puerto_rico-6.jpg
    ephcto_puerto_rico-6.jpg
    409.8 KB · Views: 250
  • ephcto_27diasbali_11-12-2.jpg
    ephcto_27diasbali_11-12-2.jpg
    491.8 KB · Views: 253
Upvote 0
ephcto said:
Surfing photography is about the journey and getting in to the location to enjoy the ocean and the aspect in many different aspects

being part of the scene thats one of the magic of surf photography the connection in between all the elements being there being part of the action

all photos where taken with a 5d mark 3, spl splash waterhousing, canon 8-15mm, 85mm canon 1.8

Surfing competition is different that the actual lifestyle of a surfer, the surfing competition photography is about the progression of the sport, lifestyle surfing photography is a documentation of surfer looking for the perfect waves enjoying the landscape and the oceans by the journey
That one with the under/over with the other photog is sick! I like the frame one too

Upvote 0
Nov 17, 2011
Putting 100-400 mrk II to the test. AF is FAST, just not enough reach on FF.

Smooth Ride
_X7U8940-X3.jpg

_X7U8943-X3.jpg

Jump off
_X7U8945-X3.jpg

Upvote 0