T4i.....what happened?

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

JonJT

Tusa said:
Hmmm, a few sites had mentioned the T4i would be released today....I guess not. Just curious...I am about to get a 60D but wanted to see what the new T4i specs were. I'll have to wait ..... Or go buy a 60D no matter what.

Buy a used 60D and be mindful of what offerings come about within the next few months. If you like the 60D successor or, the 7D successor, sell for a very slight loss and upgrade.

Upvote 0
T

takoman46

JonJT said:
Tusa said:
Hmmm, a few sites had mentioned the T4i would be released today....I guess not. Just curious...I am about to get a 60D but wanted to see what the new T4i specs were. I'll have to wait ..... Or go buy a 60D no matter what.

Buy a used 60D and be mindful of what offerings come about within the next few months. If you like the 60D successor or, the 7D successor, sell for a very slight loss and upgrade.

Is the 60D getting upgraded this year? I thought that the 60D wouldn't get upgraded until next year or the following year.

Anyway, regarding the initial question between a T4i and a 60D: If you're willing to spend a $1000, go with the 60D. The T4i will not come anywhere close to the performance jump of a prosumer body. Or is a 60D a consumer body? In any case, don't expect the T4i to be comparable to a 60D ;)

Upvote 0

bonedaddy.p7

I Like Cheese
Jan 31, 2012
KY
www.flickr.com
cbecklund said:
Does anyone think it will be announced within the next week or two? Or will it be a month or more?
I won't speculate on the release date per say, but it seems like the Rebel line is typically announced around the time of CP+, which starts thursday of this week and ends on sunday. I would wait at least until next week. There is supposedly another show in London next month but I'm not fully up on all the camera events. there are rumors of low stock on the T3i, and this isn't a typical high retail volume time of year, so that may be an indicator as well.

my guess is that if there is a T4i, it will be announced this month or next month. but I'm just some random guy with nothing to back up my ideas

Upvote 0
J

JonJT

takoman46 said:
JonJT said:
Tusa said:

Is the 60D getting upgraded this year? I thought that the 60D wouldn't get upgraded until next year or the following year.

Anyway, regarding the initial question between a T4i and a 60D: If you're willing to spend a $1000, go with the 60D. The T4i will not come anywhere close to the performance jump of a prosumer body. Or is a 60D a consumer body? In any case, don't expect the T4i to be comparable to a 60D ;)

I do believe the 60D was released at the end of 2010. I can only speculate about the release date of it's successor but, I'd wager that Canon will replace the 5D and the 7D before the 60D, particularly because they are both older than the 60D. Maybe we will see a replacement by the end of this year, with bodies on shelves by spring 2013.

Upvote 0
Jan 5, 2011
I would expect the 5D2, 7D and 60D to all get replaced this year. Probably in that order (I think it's pretty certain at this point that the 5D3 will be announced within a month). If I were you I'd wait to hear about the T4i before buying anything. It might be a good way to gauge what the 70D will be. Though, I do expect some rearrangement/shake up in this range. Canon can't keep these three cameras so close together. It creates too much confusion.

Upvote 0
Even if a T4i comes out, the 60D will probably still outmatch it in AF. AF on any XXD is a step up from any of the Rebel series. The 60D was our first "real" DSLR, and it's amazing. The 7D just trumps it in AF.

Buy a 60D used now, and you're more than likely not going to lose much, even if a 70D comes out.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.