Tamron 150-600 f/5-6.3 VC Availability

candc said:
spoke with someone in the buying dept at bhphoto, said they did get a shipment in that went out to the first ones on the pre-order list, they are expecting another shipment in by the end of the month but don't know the quantity if it will cover all the backorders.

looks like this lens will be in short supply for a while

Same situation in Canada. This month's shipment is all again, and almost all of next month's shipment is presold. Tamron is going to move a LOT of these.

Upvote 0

Rienzphotoz

Peace unto all ye Canon, Nikon & Sony shooters
Aug 22, 2012
TWI by Dustin Abbott said:
candc said:
spoke with someone in the buying dept at bhphoto, said they did get a shipment in that went out to the first ones on the pre-order list, they are expecting another shipment in by the end of the month but don't know the quantity if it will cover all the backorders.

Same situation in Canada. This month's shipment is all again, and almost all of next month's shipment is presold. Tamron is going to move a LOT of these.
I posted this in the other thread:
My ex-boss just emailed me again a few minutes ago, saying that the price is now JPY 123800 (US$1188) with one week delivery ... earlier it was JPY 107,820 (US$ 1036), but they changed the delivery timing as 1 to 3 months.

Upvote 0

Roo

CR Pro
Sep 12, 2013
Melbourne
Rienzphotoz said:
candc said:

My ex-boss just emailed me again a few minutes ago, saying that the price is now JPY 123800 (US$1188) with one week delivery ... earlier it was JPY 107,820 (US$ 1036), but they changed the delivery timing as 1 to 3 months.

You guys are getting me worried that it won't get here mid next month or if it does it will be a higher price than I've been told by the distributor has told me :( damn damn damn

Upvote 0

Don Haines

Beware of cats with laser eyes!
Jun 4, 2012
Canada
Roo said:
Rienzphotoz said:
candc said:

You guys are getting me worried that it won't get here mid next month or if it does it will be a higher price than I've been told by the distributor has told me :( damn damn damn
Mine is shipped today from Camera Canada..... But they said that the entire shipment is gone to pre-orders....

The demand for this lens seems to be far exceeding what Tamron had estimated....

Upvote 0

Rienzphotoz

Aug 22, 2012
Guess what I am not going to get my Tamron 150-600 VC any time soon ... just got an email from my ex-boss who was supposed to order and bring it with him told me that the seller (on Amazon Japan) is now shipping only after 1 to 3 months later ... word has it that he sold his stock to people who were willing to pay more. :'(

Upvote 0

Don Haines

Beware of cats with laser eyes!
Jun 4, 2012
Canada
I stopped in at my local camera store (large national chain here in Canada) and asked about the 150-600.. The fellow said that I could pre-order it and that delivery would be early next week. I asked why, being as everyone else seems to be sold out until march, and they told me that they were Tamron's number 1 dealer in Canada...

I looked around the store and did not see ANY Tamron lenses for sale..... I checked later on the web for stock... out of about 30 stores in Canada, only five or six stock any Tamron lenses, and of those that do, only about 4 lenses are mentioned.... everything else is special order... Number one and prefered seems like a dubious claim, particularly when the Best Buy just down the road has a dozen lenses....

I also know someone who pre-ordered the GoPro 3+ through them and was also told the same story. I had mine 2 months ahead of her and they were availiable EVERYWHERE else first..

Moral of the story, never beleive a salesman at H***Y's Camera.

Upvote 0

Rienzphotoz

Aug 22, 2012
Don Haines said:
I stopped in at my local camera store (large national chain here in Canada) and asked about the 150-600.. The fellow said that I could pre-order it and that delivery would be early next week. I asked why, being as everyone else seems to be sold out until march, and they told me that they were Tamron's number 1 dealer in Canada...

I looked around the store and did not see ANY Tamron lenses for sale..... I checked later on the web for stock... out of about 30 stores in Canada, only five or six stock any Tamron lenses, and of those that do, only about 4 lenses are mentioned.... everything else is special order... Number one and prefered seems like a dubious claim, particularly when the Best Buy just down the road has a dozen lenses....

I also know someone who pre-ordered the GoPro 3+ through them and was also told the same story. I had mine 2 months ahead of her and they were availiable EVERYWHERE else first..

Moral of the story, never beleive a salesman at H***Y's Camera.
;D ;D ;D .. I can understand that salesmen have to BS sometimes to make a living, but to say that they are Tamron's "number 1 dealer" when he can't even support it with decent amount of Tamron products is pretty stupid ... maybe he's a newbie salesman who hasn't mastered the art of BSing ;D

Upvote 0

mpphoto

CR Pro
Dec 15, 2013
I was going to wait for the price to drop below $1,000, but after seeing the different reviews and photos taken with this lens, I am considering paying the early adopter cost.

It's out of stock at both B&H and Adorama (and probably everywhere else). Has anyone heard any dates for when supplies will be replenished, or have any idea how long the waiting lists are?

Upvote 0
mpphoto said:
I was going to wait for the price to drop below $1,000, but after seeing the different reviews and photos taken with this lens, I am considering paying the early adopter cost.

It's out of stock at both B&H and Adorama (and probably everywhere else). Has anyone heard any dates for when supplies will be replenished, or have any idea how long the waiting lists are?
I ordered mine from b&h about 1-14 and got it yesterday so I am guessing 2-3 wks if you order now

Upvote 0