Tamron 70-200mm f/2.8 Di VC USD

TWI by Dustin Abbott said:
crasher8 said:
I LOVE my lens. I also am using a Tamron 1.4 TC SP and it works fantastic with little degradation in IQ. This lens at 280 f/4 is sweet. It has made me rethink my desire for an EF 300 f/4 IS.

That is a very nice shot. I intend to test the lens with the extenders I have (both a Canon 1.4x II and a Kenko Pro300. I've owned the Tamron 1.4x before, but sold it a few years back because I wasn't using it much.

Sorry to revive an old thread, but does the new Tamron 70-200 work with the Canon extender? I can't seem to find that answer anywhere.

Upvote 0
CarlMillerPhoto said:
TWI by Dustin Abbott said:
crasher8 said:
I LOVE my lens. I also am using a Tamron 1.4 TC SP and it works fantastic with little degradation in IQ. This lens at 280 f/4 is sweet. It has made me rethink my desire for an EF 300 f/4 IS.

That is a very nice shot. I intend to test the lens with the extenders I have (both a Canon 1.4x II and a Kenko Pro300. I've owned the Tamron 1.4x before, but sold it a few years back because I wasn't using it much.

Sorry to revive an old thread, but does the new Tamron 70-200 work with the Canon extender? I can't seem to find that answer anywhere.

Carl, it does work with the Canon extender. I personally think that it does better with the Kenko Pro300, but it does work with the Canon extender (other than aperture doesn't properly report in the EXIF).

Upvote 0
Aglet said:
seems to provide much smoother bokeh than my 70-200/2.8L v2! But I knew it would.
Smoother than my Nikon 70-200/4 VR. too.

The bokeh is better. The V2 still has it beat in AF speed (a bit) and works much better with extenders. As a bare lens, however, the Tamron provides stunningly good value.

Upvote 0