TAMRON announces development of first CANON RF mount lens

Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
The compact, lightweight, fast-aperture F2.8 ultra wide-angle zoom 11-20mm F/2.8 Di III-A RXD (Model B060) April 23, 2024, Tamron Co., Ltd. (President & CEO: Shogo Sakuraba; Headquarters: Saitama City, Japan; “TAMRON”), a leading manufacturer of optics for diverse applications, announces the development of TAMRON’s first CANON RF mount lens, 11-20mm F/2.8 Di III-A RXD (Model

See full article...

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
Oh this will sell in the millions!
Ambitious! In all seriousness, oh how will we deal with the reverse zoom direction?

Keen to see competition bubble in the 3rd party space. As an APS-C enthusiast, I am glad to see this start with our part of the woods but hoping for it to spread to our FF brethren too.

Upvote 0
Apr 29, 2019
The compact, lightweight, fast-aperture F2.8 ultra wide-angle zoom 11-20mm F/2.8 Di III-A RXD (Model B060) April 23, 2024, Tamron Co., Ltd. (President & CEO: Shogo Sakuraba; Headquarters: Saitama City, Japan; “TAMRON”), a leading manufacturer of optics for diverse applications, announces the development of TAMRON’s first CANON RF mount lens, 11-20mm F/2.8 Di III-A RXD (Model

See full article...
So we are starting to get a picture about Canon's 3rd party strategy:
- leave the fill up of the APS-C playground for 3rd party
- give a playground for non-AF high quality primes to 3rd party (those Voigtländers are more on my R5 than any Canon Glass - they are a joy of use and generate excellent results!!!), Loawa 10mm, more to come
- give a playground for niche markets like I.e. Macro (plenty of Loawa RF glass)
- What's next?

Upvote 0

Del Paso

M3 Singlestroke
CR Pro
Aug 9, 2018
So we are starting to get a picture about Canon's 3rd party strategy:
- leave the fill up of the APS-C playground for 3rd party
- give a playground for non-AF high quality primes to 3rd party (those Voigtländers are more on my R5 than any Canon Glass - they are a joy of use and generate excellent results!!!), Loawa 10mm, more to come
- give a playground for niche markets like I.e. Macro (plenty of Loawa RF glass)
- What's next?
FF!

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0