Tamron Announces the 10-24mm F/3.5-4.5 Di II VC HLD

PA_phoxerballzz said:
mitchel2002 said:
Nininini said:
Would never get this over the 10-18mm from Canon for that price.
why not for a extra 200$ you get weather sealing bigger range and better optics?)

@mitchel2002 - You'll have to ignore Miss Negative Nini's posts. All she complains about is price. Considering this expensive profession/hobby, I just don't get it. I've been trying to encourage her to find a new hobby.

If I don't think a lens is worth $500, I don't think it's worth $500. If I don't want to spend $500 on a lens, then I don't want to spend $500 on a lens. Not everyone has money to throw at lenses, I enjoy my hobby, even with budget constrains, I've never been in debt and like to keep it that way. I don't need you to tell me what hobby I should pick. Kindly mind your own business.

Upvote 0

ashmadux

Art Director, Visual Artist, Freelance Photography
Jul 28, 2011
New Yawk
photography.ashworld.com
Nininini said:
PA_phoxerballzz said:
mitchel2002 said:
Nininini said:
why not for a extra 200$ you get weather sealing bigger range and better optics?)

@mitchel2002 - You'll have to ignore Miss Negative Nini's posts. All she complains about is price. Considering this expensive profession/hobby, I just don't get it. I've been trying to encourage her to find a new hobby.

If I don't think a lens is worth $500, I don't think it's worth $500. If I don't want to spend $500 on a lens, then I don't want to spend $500 on a lens. Not everyone has money to throw at lenses, I enjoy my hobby, even with budget constrains, I've never been in debt and like to keep it that way. I don't need you to tell me what hobby I should pick. Kindly mind your own business.

That's one heck of a comeback. Cheers to you.

I've had the 10-22 for 6 years, and it's one of my most used. Considering the still ridiculous current price of that lens as compared to the 10-18 (a so-so lens) and the EF-M 11-22 IS (highly regarded). I too would balk at paying 500 for this. I would also prefer it would a canon model, because I have zero patience for AF errors.

Upvote 0

hubie

70D with 24-70 f/4 L + 70-200 f/4 L + 50 f/1.4
Feb 4, 2015
Germany
ashmadux said:
AvTvM said:
1001 features and yet zoomring is still turning wrong way. When is Tamron finally going to get this right?

Until then: thanks, not interested, keep it.

Are you actually going to post this in every tamron thread? Seriously?

That's what I thought. Like a mourning widow denunciating the odds that costed her beloved husband's life way back.... ::)
Yet I have to see how the AF performs... as I am planning on upgrading to FF within the next 1 to 3 years I doubt I will get another APS-C only lens... I am not 100% happy with my 10-18... very mixed performance at the edges regarding sharpness and contrast.

Upvote 0
Nov 4, 2011
Nininini said:
mitchel2002 said:
Nininini said:

A) Because there's a large chance it has focus problems.

B) Because I don't care about weather sealing, my Canon rebel body does not have weather sealing

C) Because $500 is a lot of money for me for camera gear, I prefer the $100-$300 STM range from Canon that guarantees me correct focus.

The whole reason I shoot Canon APS-C and not Fuji or Sony or Nikon, is because Canon APS-C lenses are far cheaper than the competition.

$500 is far above what Canon asks for APS-C lenses:

Canon 24mm stm $140
Canon 40mm stm $180
Canon 50mm stm $110
Canon 10-18 stm $270
Cano 55-250 stm $170

with $500, Tamron is far above APS-C Canon lens prices, and considering the chronic focus problems of Tamron and Sigma, I'll pass

if tamron lenses didn't have focus problems, I might think differently

+1 ... totally agree!

i also consider the lenses you listed as perfect value for money. got them all myself too, except 10-18. had the 10-22, now i have EF-M 11-22.

i also consider 500 way top much for a rather "pedestrian" crop-only lens. and when iasked to pay 1000 or more its gotta be stunningly good ... on an FF sensor. happy with my ef 24-70 ii and 70-200 ii. but would never pay fuji XF prices ir sony/zeiss prices for crop lenses. just not worth it. even less so for third party stuff like tamron and sigma, with non-licensed, reverse engineered AF system, fakibg some old canon lens' ID. no trust in that kind of approach. and then asking 500 or more ... no way!

Upvote 0
people tend to jump to conclusions way to fast how are you so sure it will have focus problems?
lets wait and see what the iq is like and how the af performs and then judge if 500$ is a fair price
and btw dont say that canon apsc lenses are so cheap think about the 60mm macro-400$
17-55mm f2.8-770$ 15-85mm-800$ and even the 10-22mm still goes on ebey for 300-450$

Upvote 0