The Canon EOS R3 will be $5999 USD

Talys

Canon R5
CR Pro
Feb 16, 2017
Vancouver, BC
Would it make you feel any better if you knew the price of the R1 was going to be in the $8500-9000 range? Then the R3 is only 67% of the R1 price.
I'm personally indifferent, because I won't be in the market for a gripped camera, either way :)

On a philosophical, I'm-not-going-to-buy-it-anyways level, I think the R1 will be pricier than the 1DX3.

Upvote 0

cayenne

CR Pro
Mar 28, 2012
I wouldn't be able to afford it even for $4000. But logically, $6000+taxes - way too much. Obviously, Canon is aiming at agencies only. Photographers who pay for their own equipment won't be very happy to spend that much.
Well, don't kid yourself.

There are a LOT of people out there with enough disposable cash to buy this...$6K isn't a lot of money to a lot of people.

I'm not one of them....$6K is a lot for me, but it wouldn't break my household to drop $6K on a camera, I've spend that much before....but I tend to be one of those that doesn't spend much money on trivial crap, I save and save and once or twice a year I drop serious coin on things I want with no guilt at all.

I keep a zero balance on credit cards too, I only spend what I have saved (with the exception of deals giving me 1-2 years interest free, in which case I put the cash I have on hand for the purchase in savings and draw interest on it while paying the expense off.

C

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0

cayenne

CR Pro
Mar 28, 2012
This completely new sensor is designed to produce less “rolling shutter” distortion during Electronic Shutter operation and offer continuous Electronic Shutter still-image shooting at speeds up to 30 fps — with full Dual Pixel CMOS AF and auto exposure1.

Does that imply the same shortcomings of the R5, which incidentally annoy me more often than I prefer? I'm not complaining, I'm just complaining.

Jack
I'm wondering if the BIG differentiator with the R1 might possible be...global shutter?

Upvote 0

cayenne

CR Pro
Mar 28, 2012
We have to keep receipts on our gear ready to show the customs, even for old gear, if you can’t prove you didn’t buy it while traveling you can be forced to pay the taxes on retail Norwegian price (again). Luckily it’s not like they have resources to really pick you out and follow through, but it happens.
Wow...amazing.
As a minimun...I'd think it would be Childs play to "create" a receipt that looks official to carry with your for most anything you buy, no?

I mean, is there a law governing how recipes are printed and that it has to have official and special QR codes or other encrypted official markings?

Just for educational discussions of course....and I don't live in Europe.

Upvote 0