The Canon EOS R5 C is now Netflix approved after latest firmware update

Marlow

Canon EOS R5 C
Dec 27, 2022
It actually has a lot to do with this topic because it begs the question why Canon made an R5C with slow readout and a huge cooling fan when Nikon has made the Z9 readout in 3 milliseconds.
They are very different cameras. And while you can compare them by sensor size and some of their specs, the Nikon Z9 costs over 1k more than the R5 C and is Nikons flagship camera.

The R5 C is Canons entry level Cinema camera.

You can come back comparing it, when the R1 launches.

/M

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0
Actually you can. VJUS (a production company in Norway, that also has the Andyax YouTube channel) produced a number of music videos with the Nikon Z9. That's just one example.

But that's neither here nor there, as it has nothing to do with this topic.

/M
Yeah I watched those video made with the Z9 and they aren't very good. If that's your case study that's supposed to prove the Z9 cam produce cine-camera quality video you kind of proved my point. N-log is lacking dynamic range.

Upvote 0
It actually has a lot to do with this topic because it begs the question why Canon made an R5C with slow readout and a huge cooling fan when Nikon has made the Z9 readout in 3 milliseconds.
Huge cooling fan? What? The FX3, S1H and all cine cameras have cooling fans. Not sure what the "huge cooling fan" comment is supposed to mean. What do you mean - "why Canon made an R5C with slow readout"?

Upvote 0
Sep 20, 2020
1) The Z 9 electronic shutter is not really faster than the R5 when it comes to video,
The R3 has a much faster electronic shutter in video even though it is much slower when it comes to photos.
Of course, the R5 is slower.
It does not have a stacked sensor and is $2K USD cheaper.
2) That is not what begs the question means

Upvote 0
1) The Z 9 electronic shutter is not really faster than the R5 when it comes to video,
The R3 has a much faster electronic shutter in video even though it is much slower when it comes to photos.
Of course, the R5 is slower.
It does not have a stacked sensor and is $2K USD cheaper.
2) That is not what begs the question means
Electronic shutter for video? I don't understand?

Do you mean sensor readout?

Upvote 0

Marlow

Canon EOS R5 C
Dec 27, 2022
Yeah I watched those video made with the Z9 and they aren't very good. If that's your case study that's supposed to prove the Z9 cam produce cine-camera quality video you kind of proved my point. N-log is lacking dynamic range.

I did not state, that it's a cine-camera. I only pointed out, where it was used on a professional shoot.

I also would not consider the Nikon Z9. I'm quite happy with my R5 C, that I've had since launch.

And NRAW is still legally contested. We don't know, if that's going to stick around. One more reason for NOT buying a Nikon Z9.

/M

Upvote 0
I did not state, that it's a cine-camera. I only pointed out, where it was used on a professional shoot.

I also would not consider the Nikon Z9. I'm quite happy with my R5 C, that I've had since launch.

And NRAW is still legally contested. We don't know, if that's going to stick around. One more reason for NOT buying a Nikon Z9.

/M
My original post was directed at asingleredcactus.

Upvote 0