The first Canon RF 70-200mm f/4L IS USM shipment appears to have been delayed

Are people really getting their RF 50mm f/1.8's shipped? I ordered mine the 1st day it became available and I've heard nothing, plus IIRC it originally said Dec 4th and now it doesn't list a date.

Also receiving mine later today (Thursday, EST) from B&H. I guess if you managed to preorder fast enough you got a hand in the first batch.

Unfortunately, there seems to be some weird little quirks to work out with the manual focus control.

Upvote 0

seismichippo

CR Pro
Sep 14, 2020
Also receiving mine later today (Thursday, EST) from B&H. I guess if you managed to preorder fast enough you got a hand in the first batch.

Unfortunately, there seems to be some weird little quirks to work out with the manual focus control.
Where did you hear about the MF control quirks? Initially I hadn't realized that you need to change from AF to MF in the menu, but then it seemed to work fine.

Upvote 0
Where did you hear about the MF control quirks? Initially I hadn't realized that you need to change from AF to MF in the menu, but then it seemed to work fine.

It would be better if you didn't have to change the AF mode to MF in the menu, instead it could stay in AF mode until you turn the focus dial, then it would allow MF w/ the option to return to using AF quickly and seamlessly.

Edit: I just learned it's possible to allow this when half pressing the shutter button in the menu. Wish it would allow it without the shutter press, but it's still a big improvement!

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0
It would be better if you didn't have to change the AF mode to MF in the menu, instead it could stay in AF mode until you turn the focus dial, then it would allow MF w/ the option to return to using AF quickly and seamlessly.

Edit: I just learned it's possible to allow this when half pressing the shutter button in the menu. Wish it would allow it without the shutter press, but it's still a big improvement!

Another option is to use the AF ON button (if you haven't already remapped it). I've found this feels a bit more natural. Hopefully canon sends out a quick firmware update soon.

Upvote 0