The Funleader 18mm f/8 Cap Lens is now available for the RF mount

Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
The Funleader 18mm f/8 cap lens was first launched on Kickstarter back in 2019, and it was quite successful raising about $35,000 USD.
The lens itself is an 18mm full-frame tiny pancake lens with a fixed aperture of f/8 that doesn’t require autofocus. It has a depth of field from about 2.6feet to infinity, so you can just point and shoot and everything should be in focus.
I ordered one of these to try out. I don’t expect L lens quality, but I do like to switch up the look of my shots at the lens instead of in post.
You can now purchase the Funleader 18mm f/8 cap lens on ebay for the RF mount, as well as Sony’s E-Mount and Nikon’s Z-Mount. It’s relatively affordable for what it is at about $149 USD...

Continue reading...

marathonman

CR Pro
Aug 29, 2016
I hope they will appear again for the RF, this is just what I needed <3
Sold out for RF on their site and eBay...
Sold out of RF mount at Funleader site as well

You guys fall at the first hurdle.....

So here's what I did as the RF version was out of stock. I bought the Canon Drop-In filter mount adapter with the variable ND which allows you to mount EF lenses on the R5.
Next I purchased the Metabones EF to Sonny E Mount T smart adapter (Mark V) which I connected to the first adapter.
Having done all of that, I was then able to purchase the Sonny e-mount version for $149 and mount it to my R5. With the adapters and the Funleader lens, it's now the same size as the EF300mm on my R5, but i do get the benefit of the variable ND to control the amount of light hitting the 45 megapixels....

Really guys, you just lack a little imagination ;-)

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
Upvote 0

researcher

Shooting With Trailing-Edge Gear Now & Then...
May 30, 2015
Curious to see what the images are like. I have an old Olympus E-P3 body with their 15mm f8 bodycap pancake lens on it, and I have to say its a blast and quite liberating. It's the only Olympus stuff I kept. Its got a look that is fun and its just easy to point and click for both stills and HD video.
I'm just surprised how much they cost now - I got mine for $49 CDN years ago, and now they are much more. I suppose they are popular now.

Upvote 0