This is what caused Canon to pull firmware v1.3.2 for the Canon EOS 5D Mark IV

Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
A couple of weeks ago Canon released firmware v1.3.2 for the Canon EOS 5D Mark IV. It was a minor firmware update, but earlier this week Canon pulled the firmware. The exact reason Canon pulled it was unknown at the time.
A Canon Rumors reader has sent me communication from Canon USA that explains why the firmware was pulled.
From Canon USA
Firmware version 1.3.2 caused a phenomenon when using the self-timer shooting (10 seconds) with the electronic sound set to “ON” where the timer will repeat for 10 to 3 seconds and does not shoot.
This firmware version has been removed from our website and a current fix is being implemented. This fix is expected to be released in the first half of June, there is not an exact release date...

Continue reading...

justaCanonuser

Grab your camera, go out and shoot!
Feb 12, 2014
Frankfurt, Germany
Thank you, but I gonna wait a bit again when the fixed update is out - to be on the safe side. But I appreciate that Canon still releases firmware updates for the 5D4. I still like to use mine, and I don't care about those "DSLRs are dead" sort of postings. The future of DSLRs is over, no doubt, but as long as my old steam engines can deliver good images in my steam-punk-hands, I use them.

Reactions: 2 users
Upvote 0
Incidents like this is why I delay updating my devices by 30-90 days. This gives the manufacturer the opportunity to fix any flaws that early adopters will encounter.

Last thing a working photographer or someone like me want to deal with is down time due to faulty software.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0

SteveC

R5
CR Pro
Sep 3, 2019
Incidents like this is why I delay updating my devices by 30-90 days. This gives the manufacturer the opportunity to fix any flaws that early adopters will encounter.

Last thing a working photographer or someone like me want to deal with is down time due to faulty software.
Those do cuts into the Nasi runs.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0