Time stamp in 6DII files are 1 hour apart from JPG to CR2

Hi,

I have recently purchased a Canon EOS 6D mark II. I have noticed that the time stamp on my files are 1 hour apart on the JPG and CR2 files (the CR2 is recorded as if it was shot one hour after the JPG). Could this be related to turning on GPS on the camera and the camera receiving a GPS sign which might include a time stamp? These images were shot in Brazil and we were at daylight saving time period when the images were made, so our clocks were 1 hour apart from the real time. Could that be the cause? Has anyone experienced this with the same camera or other Canon camera?

Yours sincerely,
Antonio Leandro

Mar 25, 2011
I'd suggest doing some basic things like a camera reset, and setting the correct time before asking for more help. Its kinda like the suggestion to reboot your computer but more involved. Sometimes things do get scrambled in a camera, so resetting it is fast and easy, and often eliminates strange happenings.

First, see if you can duplicate the issue, then reset the camera and try again. Try it with GPS off and on.

Good luck.

Upvote 0
Mt Spokane Photography said:
I'd suggest doing some basic things like a camera reset, and setting the correct time before asking for more help. Its kinda like the suggestion to reboot your computer but more involved. Sometimes things do get scrambled in a camera, so resetting it is fast and easy, and often eliminates strange happenings.

First, see if you can duplicate the issue, then reset the camera and try again. Try it with GPS off and on.

Good luck.

I will certainly do this when I arrive home. I am currently copying some files from a SD card to the hard drive and I have noticed this. As I am not with my camera now, I decided to ask to see if someone had found the same issue. I will post more info after doing these tests.

Upvote 0

Don Haines

Beware of cats with laser eyes!
Jun 4, 2012
Canada
Leandro said:
I went out to take some shots today. I turned off GPS and also daylight saving time (as it ended in Brazil two weeks ago). My CR2 and JPG files show the same time stamp now.

I still say to let Canon know. It indicates bag in their file saving code. As a programmer, I would appreciate the observations......

Upvote 0