UK pricing leaks for the Canon EOS R5 and Canon EOS R6

Just noticed that Japanese camera makers are catching up with the traditionally insane prices of our German manufacturers... ;-) Apples to pears, of course, but similar level of fun for hobbyists.
Sorry but I couldn't resist. ;) I agree that all Camera prices are probably outrunning demand. It will be interesting to see how many $4000 R5’s Canon can actually sell.

Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0

bbasiaga

Canon Shooter
Nov 15, 2011
USA
No way will Adorama or B&H add a premium to the MSRP. They have too much invested in customer satisfaction.
But you'll see people pre order a bunch, then sell on Ebay at a premium as stocks run out. It's happened before.

Don't give in to them folks! The reason you need to use them in the first place is they bought what they won't use so they could get extra money out of you.

-Brian

Upvote 0
Jan 29, 2011
6 pages of wrangling about how the prices will shake out, and here I am still wondering if that foot on the 800 f11 is designed to work as an arca plate...
No it won't. To me it looks like the socket on the bottom of the genuine Canon EF/EF-m adapter and the 100-400 MkII, it takes a screw in foot with anti rotation locking detents.

1594232585041.png

Upvote 0

AlanF

Desperately seeking birds
CR Pro
Aug 16, 2012
Or you could just buy one now, and one later? I don't suppose the lenses are going anywhere, and EF/RF converter rings exist.
If I bought the 100-500mm, I wouldn't have an R body to put it on.
And I wouldn't want the R5 just to use with my EF-100-400mm II and an adaptor as I can use that lens well enough with my 5DSR or 5DIV. And I didn't write I couldn't afford both, I wrote I couldn't justify the purchase.

Upvote 0

herein2020

Run | Gun Shooter
Mar 13, 2020
I did some quick comparison of the 1DX III UK pricing to the 1DX III US pricing to try to figure out what the current correlation is:
£6,499
$6,499

So at least for the moment it does seem like an exact 1:1 price correlation. Which would put the EOS R6 at $2499 USD and the EOS R5 at $4199 USD. Of course Canon has promised that the R5 will be below $4000 USD so I think they may drop it for the US to $3999 USD or they may just say they misspoke and indeed sell the first few for $4199 USD.

BTW these were the exact prices that I estimated they would be back when everyone was saying the R6 was a 6D replacement and that the R5 couldn't possibly be priced over $3500.00

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0
Aug 9, 2016
So here are the launch prices for the 5DIV
UK $3599 - US $3499

and Now if its $4129 in UK, it surely will be $3999 USD, $500 more then the 5Div launch price,

This does make sense cause its really quite a step up on a 5D line where the upgrades are quite substancial from the previous model releases.

Expect $3999 USD and possibly $4499 Canadian
How many people still want Canon to take their money?

Upvote 0
Was only thinking how much fun I could have for 5k and up. Don‘t really need any of the features, but an M10 would be a lot of fun....especially for its lack of features ;-)
buy a used Q I have to be honest, I have a lot of cameras ( I do this for a living) several fujis, 3 full canon kits , a phase 1 back and my favorite camera to shoot is the least practical for most things and that is the Q but the shooting experience is just so simple nothing to get in the way of thinking about the picture. Buy one and you won't regret it. that said for work I mostly use the canons

Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0
Aug 27, 2019
So here are the launch prices for the 5DIV
UK $3599 - US $3499

and Now if its $4129 in UK, it surely will be $3999 USD, $500 more then the 5Div launch price,

This does make sense cause its really quite a step up on a 5D line where the upgrades are quite substancial from the previous model releases.

Expect $3999 USD and possibly $4499 Canadian
How many people still want Canon to take their money?

If it does work out to be $4499CDN I will be happy as that is cheaper than the $5500 after taxes I have budgeted.

Upvote 0
The real decider here for me is going to be the AF tracking performance.

I love my EOS R and the AF is great, but I found it really lacking with action/moving subjects such as BiF and even running dogs.

The Sony A7RIV has been tempting as I know it has everything I want, but I just like my R too damn much and I'm invested in Canon glass. I have high hopes and I eagerly await the YouTube reviews that hopefully roll out after the announcement.

Upvote 0

Bert63

What’s in da box?
CR Pro
Dec 3, 2017
Here's a picture of me taken with my EOS-R putting my wallet back on the shelf waiting for the price cuts down the road.

Maybe the 100-500 after the reviews are in.

The prices on the f/11 600 / 800mm lead me to believe they are a entry-level novelty and not something I'd be interested in. If it isn't at least as good as the 100-400L II with the 1.4 then count me out.

Upvote 0
Aug 9, 2016
If it does work out to be $4499CDN I will be happy as that is cheaper than the $5500 after taxes I have budgeted.

Yeah, I care for the CAD price as well, its expensive but worth it I believe. I'm skeptical to to spend that much though without hearing the reviews on DR, ISO and image quality so hoping the reviews follow real soon.

Upvote 0

brad-man

Semi-Reactive Member
Jun 6, 2012
S Florida
Let there be dollars:
North American prices for new Canon products will be $3899 for the R5 body, $2499 for the R6 body, $699 for the RF600mm, $899 for the RF800mm, $599 for the RF85mm macro and $2699 for the RF100-500mm.

- A
What do I win?

R5 Price Guess

The forum is messed up. IIRC, this reply was in a thread started by Sanj about the R5 price.
Edit: Found the original:
R5 Price Guess

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0

herein2020

Run | Gun Shooter
Mar 13, 2020
buy a used Q I have to be honest, I have a lot of cameras ( I do this for a living) several fujis, 3 full canon kits , a phase 1 back and my favorite camera to shoot is the least practical for most things and that is the Q but the shooting experience is just so simple nothing to get in the way of thinking about the picture. Buy one and you won't regret it. that said for work I mostly use the canons

I have never understood owning a lot of bodies, they get outdated too fast. I own very specific bodies for specific uses with little overlap. When I need more I just rent them and add the rental fee to the clients invoice.

If I get the R6 it will be to replace the GH5, and I will get rid of the GH5. The only way I will get the R5 is if I somehow get sold on using an OVF for photography at which point it will replace my 5D4.

Upvote 0