Up to 6 month delay for R3

6 months matches the Q1-Q2 delivery estimate given to me by the local shop for my R3 (despite pre-ordering the first day).

@john1970 I ordered a new sofa in September and was told expected delivery in February, due to a global shortage of seat foam(!) I haven't checked up on the sofa with the shop - maybe I should do that tomorrow.

Upvote 0

AlanF

Desperately seeking birds
CR Pro
Aug 16, 2012
I’m not surprised at a delay, I am surprised at the projected duration. Six months is a long wait.

Selfishly, I’m really glad I have my R3 in hand, and the 14-35 as well.

For those considering the RF 14-35, it’s in stock at several retailers. If Canon won’t be shipping more for 6 months, now is the time to buy!
It’s in ready supply here too. My guess is that it’s not selling so Canon are trying it on.

Upvote 0
Interesting. I wonder if that means they're not expecting to get it in stock any time soon.

I noticed their R3 page says "Your order will be filled on a first-come-first-served basis. Orders billed to PayPal, other digital wallets (e.g., Apple Pay or Google Pay) or non-USA addresses will be charged immediately upon checkout."

Six months is a long time to hold someone's money without shipping their camera.

Upvote 0
Interesting. I wonder if that means they're not expecting to get it in stock any time soon.

I noticed their R3 page says "Your order will be filled on a first-come-first-served basis. Orders billed to PayPal, other digital wallets (e.g., Apple Pay or Google Pay) or non-USA addresses will be charged immediately upon checkout."

Six months is a long time to hold someone's money without shipping their camera.
Another good reason to not use PayPal. One of many good reasons.

Upvote 0
Jul 21, 2010
Whats the latest order date where someone has received an R3 so far?
Probably depends from where. For B&H, preorders opened at 6a on launch day, a member reported ordering at 8:45a and getting one, another reported ordering at 10a and not getting one. AFAIK, there has been only one shipment to the US. Canon USA had them in stock briefly the morning of release day, presumably from cancelled preorders.

Upvote 0