Valles Caldera National Preserve, NM

Old Sarge

CR Pro
Nov 6, 2012
For those of you that have watched the cable tv Longmire series, the ranch house was the filming location for his home.
That's cheating! Longmire belongs in Wyoming (I actually found myself in the area where Craig Johnson lives in Wyoming while taking one of my strange routes to Yellowstone). Those are some beautiful pictures and now I'm thinking of another place on my long list of places to visit. Thank you for posting them.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0

jabird56

Explorer
CR Pro
Oct 16, 2018
Central Florida
That's cheating! Longmire belongs in Wyoming (I actually found myself in the area where Craig Johnson lives in Wyoming while taking one of my strange routes to Yellowstone). Those are some beautiful pictures and now I'm thinking of another place on my long list of places to visit. Thank you for posting them.

Yes it's interesting that the Longmire story line about a sheriff's office in a fictitious county in Wyoming, was actually filmed in areas in Northern New Mexico. They shot Longmire in areas of Santa Fe, Las Vegas (NM), and Red River. The Red Pony scenes were shot at the Mine Shaft Tavern in Madrid NM. Of note the country town scenes at the end of the movie Wild Hogs were also shot in the town of Madrid, NM. The preserve is just south of Los Alamos, NM.

Upvote 0