We may see some new Cinema EOS cameras for NAB 2024 in April

Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
The Cinema EOS line feels like it has been ignored for quite some time. While there were new products in the pipeline, we have been told multiple times that global events scuttled at least a few of them. We previously reported that Canon would announce follow-ups to both the Cinema EOS C300 Mark III and

See full article...

Reactions: 1 users

Nemorino

EOS R5
Aug 29, 2020
7 cine lenses seemed to be released:

Upvote 0

robotfist

Cinematographer/Photographer - Canon C300 III
Oct 23, 2017
Los Angeles
If Canon follows the same roadmap they used for the release of the C500 II and the C300 III, then they'll announce the C500 update first, then wait a few months and release the next C300. So maybe we see the C500 update at NAB and then the C300 update at IBC?

Whatever they decide to do, I do hope they update those cameras this year. Currently, their lineup makes no sense. The cheaper C70 and R5C cameras possess more advanced software features and a more modern mount than their most expensive flagship cinema cameras.

Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0

RunAndGun

CR Pro
Dec 16, 2011
7 cine lenses seemed to be released:
They are the exact same CN-E primes that have been out for years. They just changed the lens mount from EF to RF.

Reactions: 2 users
Upvote 0

Nemorino

EOS R5
Aug 29, 2020
I just noticed they were listed as new items on a price watch page:
I thought it could be of interest as I'm not an expert for cine gear.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0
The Cinema EOS line feels like it has been ignored for quite some time. While there were new products in the pipeline, we have been told multiple times that global events scuttled at least a few of them. We previously reported that Canon would announce follow-ups to both the Cinema EOS C300 Mark III and

See full article...

I fully expect RF mount upgrades to be announced.

I also hope Canon allows/announces/encourages more third-party Cinema Lens players to participate in the RF game.

I presently work with Atlas Anamorphic and Duclos Cine-Modded Zeiss Otus ZE (de-clicked aperture) lenses. They are all EF-mount, native on my C300 and C200. Then I acquired an R5C for its lighter/smaller form and duality with photography. I use an EF-RF adaptor - and when it works, it is nice - but recently, one of those adaptors' release mechanisms broke and got perma-stuck to an Atlas. Fixed with a mount swap. But yeah, a C300 IV with RF might be nice, but not until I can potentially RF-convert my lens investment (assuming the option is possible and available by those vendors).

Argh... now Nikon buys Red and complicates.

All this is to reflect on the decisions we, as a community, have had to make to pursue these mount changes. The lenses are the paintbrushes we use in our art.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0