Weather-sealing: what has real-life R5 experience been?

I'm a photojournalist and have to shoot in rain, dust, and hostile environments. What has real-life experience been with the R5 and either with dedicated R lenses (like 24-70, 70-200, or 50?) or with legacy EF glass and autofocus adapter?
Any comparisons with Sony?
Thoughts re possibilities in the rumored 1Dx-R?
Thanks for your time.

Jack Douglas

CR for the Humour
Apr 10, 2013
Alberta, Canada
I'm a photojournalist and have to shoot in rain, dust, and hostile environments. What has real-life experience been with the R5 and either with dedicated R lenses (like 24-70, 70-200, or 50?) or with legacy EF glass and autofocus adapter?
Any comparisons with Sony?
Thoughts re possibilities in the rumored 1Dx-R?
Thanks for your time.
I was getting an old car prepared for sale and had the seats out etc., vacuuming and so forth and taking pics as I went. So I placed my R5 with the EF 24 -70 F4 down on the planter between times. And then I got distracted and was on my compact tractor when it started to rain very heavily. I headed into the garage and forgot about my camera - duh. My wife rather angrily brought it to me anywhere from 15 to 30 minutes later cradled in a towel. It was on and still functional, so I patted it dry and let it be for a few hours and I don't seem to have any issues. That should represent a pretty good test. :)>)

Jack

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0