Web store in the UK First Cameras

A

awdixon

flbs said:
I can see several adds on this site for a web based store First Camears, with about 30% lower prices than normal. Does anybody know if this is a real store, or if it is some one trying to rip your money. It is www.firstcams.net

Too good to be true by the looks of things. They appear to be using the address and company details of Warehouse Express. Their claimed awards seem to be invented and the site seems to be based in Russia - see following link:

http://www.scamchecker.com/report/first-cameras-webpage-situated-rusia

Hope that helps.

Upvote 0

K3nt

"No good photo goes unnoticed!"
Feb 3, 2011
Finland
www.flickr.com
I was looking at this site too when wanting to buy the 70-200mm L Mk II, and they were *cheap*. I even sent them an email and they replied. Thank god for google street maps. I checked their reported address, called the company on the building, who nicely enough let me know it was a complete scam.
Then I went with hdewcameras instead.

Upvote 0

K3nt

"No good photo goes unnoticed!"
Feb 3, 2011
Finland
www.flickr.com
RESEARCH_UK said:
I note HDEW are cheap too in comparison to the cheapest on Camera Price Buster. Have you found them to be reliable, they appear to have been established some time.

Yes, after the payment problems were sorted (their system didn't like my Finnish credit card), the lens arrived within two weeks and was exactly as advertised. I had a friend of mine who lives in the UK also swing by their premises to make sure they are legit and everything worked fine.
I noticed that they have cheap offers on some stuff but not all. So it pays to shop around.
As always, your mileage may vary but this vendor is someone I will consider using again.

Upvote 0