Which old push/pull EF lens is this being used in tonight’s NFL game?

Mar 25, 2011
Its likely a Canon 35-350mm L. A lot of them sold to photo journalists. Here is a photo of the one I used to have.

The wide zoom range makes very good for a sports event where there is enough light.

I could also be the 100-400mm L. Not enough detail to see for me. The IS / focus limiter switches would give it away.

Canon 35-350mm L_05.JPG

Upvote 0
Its likely a Canon 35-350mm L. A lot of them sold to photo journalists. Here is a photo of the one I used to have.

The wide zoom range makes very good for a sports event where there is enough light.

I could also be the 100-400mm L. Not enough detail to see for me. The IS / focus limiter switches would give it away.

View attachment 201249
How was using it without IS?

Upvote 0
Mar 25, 2011
How was using it without IS?
Back when I had it, cameras were not super high resolution so a little vibration would not be seen on a 10 mp camera but it was big and heavy so best on a tripod. For a 10:1 zoom, the IQ was pretty good. I'm sure my R5 would show up the flaws. I've attached a mfd photo taken of a lily in my yard. This was in 2011 with a 1D MK III. Its 1/2000 shutter speed f/5.6 and ISO 1600 so not ideal exposure. I wondered if I re-edited it with a more recent editor if it would be a little better. Si, I used the new Litghtroom auto selection of subject masks to select the flower and the background and edit them separately to make the flower pop a lot more. I was then able to easily use heavy NR on the background. I'm not sure if its better but it does have more contrast, I kinda over did it, I'd tone it down a little but don't have time to fool with it more.

35-350mm L Sample Images lily.jpg

Canon 35-350mm L_2001.jpg

Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0