Who else is excited for the R5/R6 just to use as a stills camera?

I've no EOS R series camera but ordered an RF 50mm, when it arrives my EF 50mm F1.2 will be for sale. I can't let go of my 5D4 just yet as I have something I wish to try this weekend. I'll slowly sell off my EF lenses but not my 200 and 300mm Ls as there is just too much money lost and those lenses are perfect anyway. I have decided so. I'll place an order for an R5 soon, no telling when we will get it.

Moving forward, I am much more concerned that the world just wont recover in due time for travel. Its a thought that has had me depressed. Maybe a new toy will get me to snap out of it. It's been a bad year, and Covid19 has pushed me further down the spiral.

Upvote 0

SteveC

R5
CR Pro
Sep 3, 2019
I'll slowly sell off my EF lenses but not my 200 and 300mm Ls as there is just too much money lost and those lenses are perfect anyway.

If you're completely abandoning EF cameras, you could just buy adapters for each of them and leave them permanently attached. Of course that could be very expensive depending on which adapter you want, but this is probably something where a refurb could save you some $$.

Upvote 0

Maximilian

The dark side - I've been there
CR Pro
Nov 7, 2013
Germany
Of course I am!

I am not into vid. I only did some with my toddlers years ago. I can't remember when I did my last video.

Although I am not planning to buy an R5 yet, I would use it for stills (almost) only and I am very exited to get my hands on it.
Of course with the high risk that I am trapped then... ;) :p

Upvote 0
If you're completely abandoning EF cameras, you could just buy adapters for each of them and leave them permanently attached. Of course that could be very expensive depending on which adapter you want, but this is probably something where a refurb could save you some $$.

I'll hang onto the 2 great white primes, but all of the other Ls will be sold for updated RF formulas. My first adapter (basic model) should be arriving with the RF 50, hopefully customs does not keep it for too long.

Upvote 0

SteveC

R5
CR Pro
Sep 3, 2019
I'll hang onto the 2 great white primes, but all of the other Ls will be sold for updated RF formulas. My first adapter (basic model) should be arriving with the RF 50, hopefully customs does not keep it for too long.

I anticipate buying the 16-35mm f/4 (though I might splurge and get the RF zoom of that range). That plus my 100-400mm will be where my two adapters will live.

Upvote 0