Wikipedia removed their comparison page of Canon EOS cameras

Hi

This Wikipedia page was one which I went back to a lot. I had it bookmarked I used it so much:

https://web.archive.org/web/2020041.../wiki/Comparison_of_Canon_EOS_digital_cameras

Since Wikipedia removed it, the version stored on the Wayback Machine will go out of date.

I wonder if anyone knows of a similar alternative?

If not, is it something that CR could host? Current cameras could have affiliate links like the Buyer's Guide. Older ones could link to a used camera seller with a similar affiliate scheme. I'm not too familiar with US vendors, as I am in the UK.

Thanks!

Valvebounce

CR Pro
Apr 3, 2013
Isle of Wight
Hi ourmark.
Perhaps we could ask Wikipedia to create the page for us?
The page "Canon comparison" does not exist. You can ask for it to be created, but consider checking the search results below to see whether the topic is already covered.” ‍

Cheers, Graham.

Hi

This Wikipedia page was one which I went back to a lot. I had it bookmarked I used it so much:

https://web.archive.org/web/2020041.../wiki/Comparison_of_Canon_EOS_digital_cameras

Since Wikipedia removed it, the version stored on the Wayback Machine will go out of date.

I wonder if anyone knows of a similar alternative?

If not, is it something that CR could host? Current cameras could have affiliate links like the Buyer's Guide. Older ones could link to a used camera seller with a similar affiliate scheme. I'm not too familiar with US vendors, as I am in the UK.

Thanks!

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0

Valvebounce

CR Pro
Apr 3, 2013
Isle of Wight
Hi ourmark.
I just spent a while looking to see if there was a way to get it undeleted, I'm stumped.
I have just saved the page to my laptop! (y)

Cheers, Graham.

That's wild. The timeline template is still being maintained, as are pages for each camera model. Yet for some reason, the table presenting / summarisig the same data was deleted!

I'll try requesting that the page be created as Valvebounce suggests and see what happens.

Upvote 0