Wireless file transmitter for the Canon EOS R5 appears for certification

Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
According to Nokishita, Canon has received certification for a wireless file transmitter for the Canon EOS R5.
Canon camera accessory “DS58622 1/2/3/4/5” was registered at the Taiwan NCC. The wireless file transmitter for the Canon EOS R5 is compatible with Wi-Fi (IEEE802.11a / b / g / n / ac).

Continue reading...

Architect1776

Defining the poetics of space through Architecture
Aug 18, 2017
Williamsport, PA
So:
  • R5
  • Grip
  • Extra LP-E6NH batteries
  • 2x CFExpress cards
  • WFT
This R5 thing is going from "Maybe within toy budget this year" to "You can survive on one kidney, right?".

If this is the 5 series replacement I wonder what the 1 series will be like?

Reactions: 7 users
Upvote 0

H. Jones

Photojournalist
Aug 1, 2014
Sounds like it'll be another brick like the 7D Mark II's WFT-E7, since it lists a LAN cable implying ports like the WFT-E7 has. Wonder if Canon will make it look any sexier and more like a camera grip, or if it'll remain the same blocky form factor.

I don't see myself picking one of these up considering the camera already has wi-fi built in, but maybe if a job requires me to use ethernet tethering. That's only happened for me once with my 1DX2, so not hugely concerned.

Upvote 0

koenkooi

CR Pro
Feb 25, 2015
The Netherlands
Sounds like it'll be another brick like the 7D Mark II's WFT-E7, since it lists a LAN cable implying ports like the WFT-E7 has. Wonder if Canon will make it look any sexier and more like a camera grip, or if it'll remain the same blocky form factor.

I hope it's styled like a WFT-E5 (grip style) or WFT-E8 (1dx side attachment).

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0
yay! news... oh, wireless transmitter. :cautious:

in all seriousness though, i'm glad for every little tidbit. i'm guessing (hoping?) we get some more official information before the end of the month. February and March announcements were on the 13th; April was on the 21st; will May's update be on the 21st too? :unsure:
The last will be the official announcement on May the 27th

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0
Apr 1, 2016
My advice is to sell the testicles. None of us will need them when the wife finds out how much this camera costs.

LOL

Well, if the formal announcement is indeed May 27th it would be brilliant, since it's our 10 year anniversary. Would go something like this "well honey, I didn't get you anything, that's true..BUT: I just pre-ordered a couple of R5's!'

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users
Upvote 0