WOW Just tried the New Nikkor 58mm .95 Noct

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 25, 2011
First he said he switched and bought the .95 noct. Then he realized he screwed up because it isn't available yet. He's just trolling.
Deliveries start 10/31/2019 according to DPR. Being able to get one before then seems unlikely, but in China, dealers often release early. He has been posting about and praising Nikon for years, it seems unlikely that he ever used Canon.

I hope that Nikon does well, they are suffering just like all camera manufacturers, but don't have the bundle of cash that Canon is sitting on, so a downturn in sales gets very painful. Nikon is forcasting a 45.5% drop in imaging products profit for their 2020 Fiscal Year ending March 31 2020. (from 22 billion yen to 12 billion). Their precision equipment is doing somewhat better with a drop from 81.7 to 56. Metrology dropped even less from 6.9 to 6 billion Yen.

Still, its easy to see that cameras are now a small contributor to Nikon's overall profit.

Upvote 0

AlanF

Desperately seeking birds
CR Pro
Aug 16, 2012
Deliveries start 10/31/2019 according to DPR. Being able to get one before then seems unlikely, but in China, dealers often release early. He has been posting about and praising Nikon for years, it seems unlikely that he ever used Canon.

I hope that Nikon does well, they are suffering just like all camera manufacturers, but don't have the bundle of cash that Canon is sitting on, so a downturn in sales gets very painful. Nikon is forcasting a 45.5% drop in imaging products profit for their 2020 Fiscal Year ending March 31 2020. (from 22 billion yen to 12 billion). Their precision equipment is doing somewhat better with a drop from 81.7 to 56. Metrology dropped even less from 6.9 to 6 billion Yen.

Still, its easy to see that cameras are now a small contributor to Nikon's overall profit.
The ID lb consists of two letters from the middle of Dilbert, who trolled Canon for years here.

Upvote 0

Ozarker

Love, joy, and peace to all of good will.
CR Pro
Jan 28, 2015
The Ozarks

It is always sad to see an industry dry up. Way back in the 1990s up to 2003 I was a field service technician in the circuit board industry covering California, Arizona, and Northern Mexico. I watched over several years as the manufacturers all moved off shore and suddenly the momentum to move off shore grew frantic. My job just dried up. It pains me to see what the camera industry is going through. It's a different kind of change, but change nonetheless. People closer to retirement will be hit the hardest. Once one hits 50, people tend to not want to hire you.

Upvote 0

lb

Aug 1, 2014
Cool Story Bro, Eat your words Bro, just got back to Melbourne and thought I give you Idiots some images to prove what I said, I got rid of all my Canon gear and traded in in on a Nikon D5 and their latest 70-200 2.8 i did this after seeing how good it was on the PetaPixel site, I also purchased the Nikon Z 7 with the 24-70 2.8 s Lens after seeing what Tony and Chelsea Northrop showed how much better this combination is over Sony and Canon, I also had enough monies to buy this Noct in Australia it is AU $12,999 and a 85mm 1,8 s lens , I Had trouble at 2 camera shops as they told me they has enough old Canon Equipment in stock, but I eventually went to Camera Lane and got a good deal in all of my on Canon Stuff, What really made me change after 40 Years of canon use was the that my 1DX Mark 11 would not give me more than 6 good shots in High sped mode , the Nikon D5 I have used it at 2 locations and at 10 FPS it strikes on focus and exact life like colour calibration every time, I will increase this as I use it more frequently, the 1DX Mark 11 would not give the results i required and if the FPS was increased all I got was bad images.
any way I thought I would give you trolls that never have time to shoot except on a keyboard something to thing about..

Attachments

• DSC_3096.jpg
    DSC_3096.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 163
  • DSC_3097.jpg
    DSC_3097.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 159
  • DSC_3098.jpg
    DSC_3098.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 159
  • DSC_3099.jpg
    DSC_3099.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 167
  • DSC_3100.jpg
    DSC_3100.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 164
Upvote 0

Ozarker

Love, joy, and peace to all of good will.
CR Pro
Jan 28, 2015
The Ozarks
Cool Story Bro, Eat your words Bro, just got back to Melbourne and thought I give you Idiots some images to prove what I said, I got rid of all my Canon gear and traded in in on a Nikon D5 and their latest 70-200 2.8 i did this after seeing how good it was on the PetaPixel site, I also purchased the Nikon Z 7 with the 24-70 2.8 s Lens after seeing what Tony and Chelsea Northrop showed how much better this combination is over Sony and Canon, I also had enough monies to buy this Noct in Australia it is AU $12,999 and a 85mm 1,8 s lens , I Had trouble at 2 camera shops as they told me they has enough old Canon Equipment in stock, but I eventually went to Camera Lane and got a good deal in all of my on Canon Stuff, What really made me change after 40 Years of canon use was the that my 1DX Mark 11 would not give me more than 6 good shots in High sped mode , the Nikon D5 I have used it at 2 locations and at 10 FPS it strikes on focus and exact life like colour calibration every time, I will increase this as I use it more frequently, the 1DX Mark 11 would not give the results i required and if the FPS was increased all I got was bad images.
any way I thought I would give you trolls that never have time to shoot except on a keyboard something to thing about..
You've been trolling here for Nikon since 2015. Nobody really cares. You may own it, you may not. A photo of it proves nothing. :rolleyes: The guys in a Nikon forum might drool over it. You should try there.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.