Yes, ME as the Trekie

surapon

80% BY HEART, 15% BY LENSES AND ONLY 5% BY CAMERA
Aug 2, 2013
APEX, NORTH CAROLINA, USA.
Dear Friends.
Yes, My family and I , are the Trekies, Star Trek Fans since the beginning of the universe---1965. After we came to USA. in 1974, We watch the star Trek on TV. shows = The Star Trek, And went to Star Trek Convention and Exposition in every times that they come in my home State, North Carolina, USA.---To day, I just want to have FUN again, to shoot the Model. Yes, my dear hobby as the Trekies.
Thanks to see this post, And would you please add any Photos of Sci-Fi in this post too-----
Surapon.

Attachments

• ST-1-SMALL.jpg
    ST-1-SMALL.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 288
  • ST-2.jpg
    ST-2.jpg
    970.1 KB · Views: 343
  • ST-3.jpg
    ST-3.jpg
    931.8 KB · Views: 292
  • ST-4.jpg
    ST-4.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 344

surapon

Aug 2, 2013
Yes, My family and I , are the Trekies, Star Trek Fans since the beginning of the universe---1965. After we came to USA. in 1974, We watch the star Trek on TV. shows = The Star Trek, And went to Star Trek Convention and Exposition in every times that they come in my home State, North Carolina, USA.

Attachments

• ST-8.jpg
    ST-8.jpg
    902.9 KB · Views: 338
  • ST-7.jpg
    ST-7.jpg
    637.4 KB · Views: 338
  • ST-6.jpg
    ST-6.jpg
    534.2 KB · Views: 413
  • ST-5.jpg
    ST-5.jpg
    608.3 KB · Views: 280
Upvote 0

surapon

Aug 2, 2013
Yes, My family and I , are the Trekies, Star Trek Fans since the beginning of the universe---1965. After we came to USA. in 1974, We watch the star Trek on TV. shows = The Star Trek, And went to Star Trek Convention and Exposition in every times that they come in my home State, North Carolina, USA.

Attachments

• ST-12.jpg
    ST-12.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 341
  • ST-11-2.jpg
    ST-11-2.jpg
    720.6 KB · Views: 333
  • ST-10.jpg
    ST-10.jpg
    917.8 KB · Views: 276
  • ST-9.jpg
    ST-9.jpg
    355.3 KB · Views: 436
Upvote 0

surapon

Aug 2, 2013

Attachments

• ST-13.jpg
    ST-13.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 310
  • ST-14.jpg
    ST-14.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 320
  • ST-15.jpg
    ST-15.jpg
    990.5 KB · Views: 314
  • ST-16.jpg
    ST-16.jpg
    846.9 KB · Views: 316
Upvote 0

surapon

Aug 2, 2013
dolina said:
surapon, when are you getting your 5DS? ;D

Ha, Ha, Ha, Dear friend Dolina, I order 5DSR last month, and should get in my hands with Battery grip BG-E2 with in 7 days.
BUT, for 1200 MM. Lens, My wife say NO, NO, NO---I try to tell her that I need that lens for shoot the starship Enterprise. She still say NO.
Ha, Ha, Ha.
Have a great Sunday.
Surapon

Upvote 0

surapon

Aug 2, 2013
DominoDude said:
If I remember correctly you're an architect, Mr Surapon?
Then I bet this will be something for you. -> http://www.theverge.com/2015/5/25/8654347/star-trek-uss-enterprise-china-office

Wow, Wow, Wow---Thank you, Sir dear friend Mr. DominoDude---That is the Awesome Building. May I share this Link to my Facebook ?
Good night, Sir.
Surapon.

Upvote 0

surapon

Aug 2, 2013
Click said:
surapon said:
Click said:
Very nice series, Mr.Surapon. I especially like your last picture.

Thanks you, Sir, Dear Mr. Click. Glad that you come to have FUN with me.

Can I change my mind? Now I prefer the 1st picture of your second series. (ST-9) :)

Have a great Sunday evening, Mr Surapon. :)

Ha, Ha, Ha, Dear Friend Mr. Click, I think you should like ST-11-2, Captain Surapon----Ha, Ha, Ha.
Thank you, Sir. Have a good Sunday night.
Surapon.

Upvote 0

Don Haines

Beware of cats with laser eyes!
Jun 4, 2012
Canada
surapon said:
Click said:
surapon said:
Click said:

Can I change my mind? Now I prefer the 1st picture of your second series. (ST-9) :)

Ha, Ha, Ha, Dear Friend Mr. Click, I think you should like ST-11-2, Captain Surapon----Ha, Ha, Ha.
Surapon.
Don't you know how dangerous it is to leave the enterprise wearing a red shirt?

Also, the original series was the best :) Here's 100 reasons why Kirk is better than Picard.

http://home.earthlink.net/~markstewart/kirk.index.html

Upvote 0
Jul 29, 2012
Canada
LOL

Yes! Always the red shirt guy ;D

13588319.jpg

Upvote 0
Mar 25, 2011
I'm going to my first SF convention in August. The Worldcon is being held here in Spokane, and since we are a small city, I figure on being the only one there. Its called Sasquan. The only trouble with my thought about being the only one there is that it seems to be that everyone else is thinking the same thing. Membership of attendees is running well ahead of recent conventions in the USA. Its not going to match the one in London, but there are too many people attending.

I watched the original Star Trek show and never quite understood why they cancelled it. David Gerrold is one of the Guests of Honor, he wrote the Star Trek show "The Trouble with Tribbles" as well as some others. I have his book about the creation of the script. He was still in school and it was his first sale. I'll be bring the book for him to sign. Yet another Guest of Honor is Vondas McIntyre. She was heavily involver with Star Trek When the editor of the Pocket Books line of Star Trek novels discovered that she was a big fan of the original series, he invited her to write an original Star Trek novel. His reaction after reading The Entropy Effect was that Paramount would either love it or hate it. They loved it, so she also wrote Enterprise (the 20th anniversary Star Trek novel) and the novel versions of the Star Trek II, III, and IV movies.

Oh, there are even 32 members from South Carolina :D

http://sasquan.org/member-numbers/

Although I live a short 40 minute drive away, I wanted to experience the late night parties and not have to drive home, so I booked a hotel. All but one were booked a few months ago, so I had to take a new hotel that is opening in June. Its going to be nice though, 55 in 4K TV sets in every room! There is a Skybridge walkway to the convention center, which is nice. I drove by it last week, they are working like crazy to finish up. Its actually opening a week earlier than planned.

I am not the type to go in a costume, maybe a few T-shirts with SF themes. I've been designing a Terry Pratchett themed embroidery pattern for my wife and or daughter to wear. They both are knitting enthusiasts and Terry Pratchett fans. I have a commercial machine that I bought as a basket case and have running pretty well.

Attachments

• ankh Morpork Knitting oval patch w text.jpg
    ankh Morpork Knitting oval patch w text.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 344
Upvote 0

surapon

Aug 2, 2013
Don Haines said:
surapon said:
Click said:
surapon said:
Click said:

Surapon.
Don't you know how dangerous it is to leave the enterprise wearing a red shirt?

Also, the original series was the best :) Here's 100 reasons why Kirk is better than Picard.

http://home.earthlink.net/~markstewart/kirk.index.html

Dear my friend Don.
Yes, I know, Special In Thailand-Now, We can not wear the " Red color", because we might get beating or Kill---Ha, Ha, Ha.Wrong Political Party in this time.
Well, I like all Version of Star Trek, Just Difference Time and Difference Places---I love them all, Include Lady Captain too.
Nice to talk to you, Sir.
Try to get out of The High Tech talk of Photography.
Good Day, Live Long and Prosper.
Surapon

Upvote 0

surapon

Aug 2, 2013
Tyroop said:
Surapon, you're a red shirt?

Ha, Ha, Ha---Dear Tyroop----Ha, Ha, Ha---"H_LL" NO. ( Dear Friends, Red shirt group in Thailand are the Bad group in Thailand, who have the Ex Thai Priminister as the Leader, and Now he is out-Law man some where in this world )
I am Pink, Light Blue and Now Light Purple/ Violet Colors---BUt Just my Blood are RED----Ha, Ha, Ha.
Dear Friend Tyroop, Are you Thai people from Thailand ?. Yes If you are, There are 4 Thai members in this great CR. include you and me.
Have a great night in Thailand.
Surapon,
PS.
Please be my friend in Facebook too.

Upvote 0