Yes, ME as the Trekie

surapon

80% BY HEART, 15% BY LENSES AND ONLY 5% BY CAMERA
Aug 2, 2013
APEX, NORTH CAROLINA, USA.
Mt Spokane Photography said:
I'm going to my first SF convention in August. The Worldcon is being held here in Spokane, and since we are a small city, I figure on being the only one there. Its called Sasquan. The only trouble with my thought about being the only one there is that it seems to be that everyone else is thinking the same thing. Membership of attendees is running well ahead of recent conventions in the USA. Its not going to match the one in London, but there are too many people attending.

I watched the original Star Trek show and never quite understood why they cancelled it. David Gerrold is one of the Guests of Honor, he wrote the Star Trek show "The Trouble with Tribbles" as well as some others. I have his book about the creation of the script. He was still in school and it was his first sale. I'll be bring the book for him to sign. Yet another Guest of Honor is Vondas McIntyre. She was heavily involver with Star Trek When the editor of the Pocket Books line of Star Trek novels discovered that she was a big fan of the original series, he invited her to write an original Star Trek novel. His reaction after reading The Entropy Effect was that Paramount would either love it or hate it. They loved it, so she also wrote Enterprise (the 20th anniversary Star Trek novel) and the novel versions of the Star Trek II, III, and IV movies.

Oh, there are even 32 members from South Carolina :D

http://sasquan.org/member-numbers/

Although I live a short 40 minute drive away, I wanted to experience the late night parties and not have to drive home, so I booked a hotel. All but one were booked a few months ago, so I had to take a new hotel that is opening in June. Its going to be nice though, 55 in 4K TV sets in every room! There is a Skybridge walkway to the convention center, which is nice. I drove by it last week, they are working like crazy to finish up. Its actually opening a week earlier than planned.

I am not the type to go in a costume, maybe a few T-shirts with SF themes. I've been designing a Terry Pratchett themed embroidery pattern for my wife and or daughter to wear. They both are knitting enthusiasts and Terry Pratchett fans. I have a commercial machine that I bought as a basket case and have running pretty well.

Dear great Teacher Mr. Mt Spokane.
Wow, Wow, Wow---I wish I can go ther with you. 40 years ago, I went to star Trek Coventionssss, and Take the Photos of Captain Kirk, Mr. Sulu---And All of the team/ Crews. I still have that great Photos some where( At that time, Most of the Photographers have point and shoot, But I have Canon FT-QL= The Security guards see me as Oriental guy like Mr. Sulu and carry the PRO ( Ha, Ha, Ha ) camera, and they always let me sit at the floor at the front of stage) , I must looking for, and will scan and post in this post----Yes, Now , I know, All ( Most ) of the High tech people, include the Photographers are in Sci-Fi 's Hearts-----Any one are "the Brown Coats" ?.
Have a great work week, Sir.
Surapon.

Upvote 0

surapon

Aug 2, 2013
CanadianInvestor said:
Khun Commander Surapon,

I like your ST memorabilia. I should have starting collecting the stuff some decades back.

Live long and prosper and keep taking great photographs.

Sa Wass Dee Krub, Dear Khun CanadianInvestor.
Nice to talk to you again. Yes, After I went to Wizard World and Comic Con + Animazement Convention, I start to go back to ST. Hobby again, after forget almost 40 years---Now, I will go to see all ST. in NetFix. in this time.
Yes, Sa Wass Dee Krub, and Live Long and Prosper to you and your family too.
Surapon.

Upvote 0

surapon

Aug 2, 2013
Click said:
Cool images, Mr Surapon. 8)

Have a great day, Sir.

Thank you, Sir, Dear Friend Mr. Click, I not busy this morning in the Office, Just have FUN to practise the Photoshop technique----And Thanks to NASA too, for Borrow the great Space Photos.
You too, Have a great work week, Sir.
Surapon

Upvote 0

DominoDude

Certified photon catcher
Feb 7, 2013
::1
surapon said:
DominoDude said:
If I remember correctly you're an architect, Mr Surapon?
Then I bet this will be something for you. -> http://www.theverge.com/2015/5/25/8654347/star-trek-uss-enterprise-china-office

Wow, Wow, Wow---Thank you, Sir dear friend Mr. DominoDude---That is the Awesome Building. May I share this Link to my Facebook ?
Good night, Sir.
Surapon.

Oops! Sorry, a few days later. (I'm slow - been out shooting frogs)
Of course you might share the link. I think the Verge also appreciate that.

Upvote 0

surapon

Aug 2, 2013
Click said:
Very nice images. I really like the second one.

Have a great day Mr. Surapon.

Thanks you, Sir, Dear Friend Mr. Click. We just want to have FUN some time, Away from Serious discussion about the High Tech of Canon VS. Sony.
You too, Have a great day and Good Hunting , for the best Photos.
Surapon.

Upvote 0

surapon

Aug 2, 2013
DominoDude said:
surapon said:
DominoDude said:
If I remember correctly you're an architect, Mr Surapon?
Then I bet this will be something for you. -> http://www.theverge.com/2015/5/25/8654347/star-trek-uss-enterprise-china-office

Wow, Wow, Wow---Thank you, Sir dear friend Mr. DominoDude---That is the Awesome Building. May I share this Link to my Facebook ?
Good night, Sir.
Surapon.

Oops! Sorry, a few days later. (I'm slow - been out shooting frogs)
Of course you might share the link. I think the Verge also appreciate that.

Thank you, Sir , dear friend Mr. DominoDude.
Have a great day.
Surapon

Upvote 0