Yosemite national park( please share your images, you got from here)

M

mr.ranger

it all depends on what you like to shoot. but any time of the year its beautiful there is all ways something different to shoot. like infilm said
infilm said:
I would have to say the fall for the color and the later spring for the waterfalls. Having said that, I have seen amazing images from people who have traveled there in the winter.

Upvote 0
C

chaselindberg

mg_6118_19_20enhancer.jpg

MG_5992_3_4Enhancer_1.jpg

YosemiteSunrise.jpg

MG_6067_8_9Enhancer.jpg

MG_6142_3_4Enhancer.jpg

http://www.etsy.com/shop/ChaseLindberg

Upvote 0
C

chaselindberg

Sure! The first one is a composite of 2 images shot at sunrise. The bottom was one image and the top I shot at a different time in order to get the clouds and the mist in the valley. They were about 20 minutes apart. I used a graduated ND blue filter for the bottom valley portion of the image. The rest is just curves and some selective color to make it pop.

The black and white is just a straight red filter black and white shot. Some burned corners and that's it.

The third one is straight Kodachrome from my old film camera. Just got really lucky one morning with the light and there was a forest fire which threw a ton of dust in the air.

The fourth and fifth one are HDRs with curves applied for contrast. Minimal processing on these to be honest. The straight shot would have worked as well. Just great lighting early in the morning.

Upvote 0
gferdinandsen said:
william.loo said:
These are some of my pictures taken at Yosemite over the last year.
Bodies used were a 40D and 5DII. Lenses include 24-105 f4, 17-40 f4, 70-200 f4, and 24-70 f2.8

Other Yosemite pictures here: http://tinyurl.com/3ttpu27

Y'all in California make me very jealous when it comes to photography; you have so many more oppertunities than those of us in the south.

There are actually some rather amazing places for photography in the south, they just take a little more persistence to find. Cloudland Canyon in Georgia, Daniel Boone National? Park in Kentucky, Smoky Mountains... There are places, though not as majestic, they still do afford quite a degree of natural beauty. And, they also afford a degree of originality! Many have seen images of that view with the cliff and waterfall. How many have ever seen the sun rising through the canyons of northern Georgia?

Upvote 0