Your favourite motorsports events

Valvebounce

CR Pro
Apr 3, 2013
Isle of Wight
Hi Roo.
Wow, an excellent series, so many fantastic pictures to choose from, I particularly like the very first shot showing the top fuel dragster tyre all screwed up, and the atmospheric shots make the track look very impressive, another one I like is the shot ‘Flash 1/100th sec’ showing the flash opposite, what are the chances of both of you firing at the exact same moment, the poor driver must have thought he blew the engine with such a bright all round light from 2 powerful flashes! On which point I’m surprised you are allowed to use a flash?

Cheers, Graham.

Upvote 0

Valvebounce

CR Pro
Apr 3, 2013
Isle of Wight
Hi Geoff.
You and Barb did a fabulous job of capturing the racing, it’s a shame the DORNA police wouldn’t honour your press credentials if they were supposed to be valid for that event too, but I guess as the commercial rights holders for MotoGP they get to choose the press they allow in or not?
Anyway, that doesn’t seem to have stopped you both from getting some fantastic shots.

Cheers, Graham.

Upvote 0

GN Photos

Expect nothing, and you will never be disappointed
Oct 20, 2016
Folsom, California, U.S.A.
Thank you Graham. Barb and I appreciate the compliments. Our next opportunity is the Sacramento Mile AFT (American Flat Track) National. I've included a few shots from 2017, just to show what AFT looks like. They run 750cc twins and 450cc singles (Yellow number plates). Then, Laguna Seca WSBK and MotoAmerica road race, and Sears Point MotoAmerica road race.184455184456184457184458

Reactions: 2 users
Upvote 0

Roo

CR Pro
Sep 12, 2013
Melbourne
Hi Roo.
Wow, an excellent series, so many fantastic pictures to choose from, I particularly like the very first shot showing the top fuel dragster tyre all screwed up, and the atmospheric shots make the track look very impressive, another one I like is the shot ‘Flash 1/100th sec’ showing the flash opposite, what are the chances of both of you firing at the exact same moment, the poor driver must have thought he blew the engine with such a bright all round light from 2 powerful flashes! On which point I’m surprised you are allowed to use a flash?

Cheers, Graham.

Thanks Graham!

Surprisngly, flash is not prohibited and, in fact, it's expected by the competitors. While I was using single on-camera flash, a few of the pros actually set up about 3-4 flashes each along the start area.

Upvote 0
Hi Ladislav.
First, it is a while since we went but from what I see and hear it has only got better!
There is usually plenty happening on each day, you will not see enough in one day, possibly not even in 2 days, if you can swing it go for the weekend pass and if necessary skip Thursday, from memory that is mostly practice, at the very least budget for both Saturday and Sunday.
Then work out if you are going to concentrate on the hill climb or everything else, tip, everything else on the first day you go then the hill climb with a bit of time away from it during less interesting vehicles!
There is so much to see, a rally course, vehicle demonstrations, eg Land Rover off road rides (or similar, we saw Porsche’s suv being hurled round a field) there is just too much to see you will go back the next year.
Of course, make sure it is the FOS (modern vehicles) and not the Revival (historic vehicles) that you want to see, they are both great but the Revival is more our cup of tea, we haven’t missed it for several years unlike the FOS which we keep threatening to go back to but haven’t made it yet!

Cheers, Graham.

Thank you Graham. I will need to figure out the plan. I didn't plan to sleep over anywhere nearby since it is already too late to book. If I go multi day, it is quite long drive for me every day but it is very tempting. That was a reason why I was considering Thursday and Saturday to avoid driving two following days.

I was on Revival last year and it was amazing. Plan to go again this year as well.

Upvote 0
Thanks Graham!

Surprisngly, flash is not prohibited and, in fact, it's expected by the competitors. While I was using single on-camera flash, a few of the pros actually set up about 3-4 flashes each along the start area.

Thats really interesting as I believe the NHRA here in the states does prohibit it due to the camera flash once triggering the beams or something like that. Or at least so I've heard.

Upvote 0

meckley

EOS 5D Mk IV & M5
Aug 6, 2014
48020550787_3bc92d9993_b.jpg
48020673061_fede306666_b.jpg
48020587966_a368c04229_b.jpg

USAC Sprint Cars at Terre Haute Action Track for the Hulman Classic 2019

Reactions: 2 users
Upvote 0