Your favourite motorsports events

GN Photos

Expect nothing, and you will never be disappointed
Oct 20, 2016
Folsom, California, U.S.A.
More great photos by ROO! I also like your shot of Rubens' team's usage of tape, since they don't use thermostats. Slow down the coolant, or a little less air flow over the radiators. I had not heard of Eric Bana's, "Love the Beast". I will look it up, thank you. Again, great shots as always.
Geoff
P.S. My wife and I started Instagram, @nicklessphotos.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0

Roo

CR Pro
Sep 12, 2013
Melbourne
More great photos by ROO! I also like your shot of Rubens' team's usage of tape, since they don't use thermostats. Slow down the coolant, or a little less air flow over the radiators. I had not heard of Eric Bana's, "Love the Beast". I will look it up, thank you. Again, great shots as always.
Geoff
P.S. My wife and I started Instagram, @nicklessphotos.

I am really enjoying the mix of old and new images on your insta page Geoff

Upvote 0

Roo

CR Pro
Sep 12, 2013
Melbourne
So, I sometimes shoot with a mate who's recently shot some rugby league events with Nikon. Since doing that he's been complaining that he can't get the same sharpness with his Canon gear that he can with Nikon. I have no idea what he's on about...

MotoGP shots from Friday - overcast, rainy conditions are great as they run clear visors :D

MotoGP Friday 2019 P1 (61).jpg

MotoGP Friday 2019 P2 (43).jpg

MotoGP Friday 2019 P1 (37).jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
Upvote 0
Jul 29, 2012
Canada
Great shots. Well done, Roo.
d055.gif

Upvote 0

Roo

CR Pro
Sep 12, 2013
Melbourne
Well done Roo,
I was hoping you would be posting some your beautiful photos. Wow, amazing captures, again.:) But those weather conditions on Saturday.:oops: I just got a 400mm f/4 DO II. When we go there, I'll be ready.
Geoff

Thanks Geoff! Unfortunately/Luckily/Thankfully, I was only there on the Friday and the weather was bad enough then. Very windy on the 2 hour drive down but it eased off and then started raining just before the first Moto3 session. The afternoon was nice and sunny though. I know people that were there on Saturday and it was horrendous - the lens hood on a great white is a real wind catcher :LOL:

The 400 DO mk2 is such a good lens to have. You are going to get some great shots with it.

Upvote 0

Roo

CR Pro
Sep 12, 2013
Melbourne
Sandown 500 last weekend, better known as the retro round as a lot of teams pull out some old liveries

Gridding up before the race
Retro Round Sunday (15 of 80).jpg

Reflecting Allan Moffat's 1969 Mustang Trans Am
Retro Round Friday (40 of 62).jpg

A throw back to the 80s JPS BMW liveries - a lot of behind the scenes work to get all sponsors to agree to forego corporate colours for gold
Retro Round Saturday (32 of 60).jpg

99 Mobil HRT livery
Retro Round Friday (6 of 62).jpg

Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0