Zoo Pics

M

munsoned

Upvote 0
mine is a bit different, but i find myself spending time looking at it, and it's interesting IMO.

I was at the zoo, and took this shot of the two griz bears playing....what I caught in the reflection of the windows made the shot much more interesting.

this image is not edited other than a little bit of exposure/sharp/sat/contrast.

i'm curious what others think of this shot...comments welcome.

Attachments

• DSC_0219.jpg
    DSC_0219.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 2,087
Upvote 0
Northstar said:
mine is a bit different, but i find myself spending time looking at it, and it's interesting IMO.

I was at the zoo, and took this shot of the two griz bears playing....what I caught in the reflection of the windows made the shot much more interesting.

this image is not edited other than a little bit of exposure/sharp/sat/contrast.

No offense, but I find the reflection distracting. The bear action is great, but I personally would like it better if it had been taken with a polarizing filter to eliminate the reflections.

Upvote 0
MrFotoFool said:
Northstar said:

No offense, but I find the reflection distracting. The bear action is great, but I personally would like it better if it had been taken with a polarizing filter to eliminate the reflections.

I disagree. No offence, but I think the point of this photo is missed with such a suggestion. The juxtaposition of the two different zoo inhabitants, guests and those that live there is neat. The wonder on the faces is great. I think it works well. Rather than a reflection it has a real double exposure feel to it. Good job Northstar.

Upvote 0
ions said:
MrFotoFool said:
Northstar said:

I disagree. No offence, but I think the point of this photo is missed with such a suggestion. The juxtaposition of the two different zoo inhabitants, guests and those that live there is neat. The wonder on the faces is great. I think it works well. Rather than a reflection it has a real double exposure feel to it. Good job Northstar.

Ions...Thanks, I appreciate your kind words. You describe my thoughts well when I first saw what I had captured. Is it "technically" a great image? NO. But, I've seen pictures of two bears(animals) playing together like this countless times, but this image is uniquely different, and as I said, I find the image much much more interesting. Again, not a technically great shot....but you can't deny that you'll spend an extra second or several looking at it.

Upvote 0
S

Sideonecincy

First post here :)

5882191626_d15ef68cec.jpg

6136858503_ebc013b9b2.jpg

6244458049_5158e3acb1.jpg

5607865722_a41dbecfd3.jpg

Upvote 0
Northstar said:

This is reminiscent to me of the 2003 winner of Wildlife Photographer of the year -
Gerhard Schulz - Gorilla and Boy
http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2003/12/12/1071125653861.html

Upvote 0