Nikon has released the third of four teasers for the upcoming Nikon Z 9 flagship mirrorless camera. This teaser showcases some of the autofocus tracking abilities that the Nikon Z 9 will feature.
The Nikon Z 9 will be officially announced on October 28, 2021.
You can see the previous two teasers after the break.
Nikon Z 9 Rumored Specifications from Nikon Rumors
- 8256 x 5504px resolution that confirms a 45MP stacked sensor (it is interesting to note that Canon decided to go with a 24MP sensor for their R3 camera).
- The Z9 will be capable of up to 120 fps in a lower res file size (6Mb I think). Some reports even indicated 160 fps!
- Built-in GPS – probably GNSS (Global Navigation Satellite System).
- The Z9 will use the same battery as D6. There will be also a new 18-type battery (EN-EL18x) that can be charged by the camera’s USB-C.
- The sensor has a multi-leaf blade protective shutter that auto covers the sensor when switched off/changing lens to stop dust and dirt on naked sensor.
- The Z9 will have car autofocus in addition to animal and people AF as well as low light -7 EV.
- Improved 3D tracking.
- An improved articulated screen that even works in portrait mode – is a completely new design.
- New style locking flap for the two CFExpress memory cards.
- Third joystick/selector added to use whilst camera close face and shooting.
- Many new menu features to tweak and match your shooting style.
- The shutter release sound level can be adjusted from silent to loud… so you can still get that D6 machine gun sound…