|This site contains affiliate links to products and services. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links.|
From Magic Lantern
A busy week for the folks at Magic Lantern. First they hack the EOS-M, now they have made available the alpha 3 version of the 5D Mark III firmware.
The following feature detail is from a1ex from the Magic Lantern team
The most important change is a card test executed at startup. My 16GB (Kingston 266x) card has problems, and I’m trying to diagnose the issue: maybe it’s just my card, or maybe it’s related to this. If the test fails on your camera, please report.
There are also a few handy tweaks:
- Histogram and waveform moved to bottom
- New experimental display for focus peaking (extreme sharpness)
- 16:9 bars for anamorphic preview
- Focus box moves faster (not yet customizable)
- After taking a picture and pressing Zoom In right away, you can scroll through pictures
- Saturation boost when adjusting white balance
- Warnings for bad settings (e.g. if you set picture quality to JPEG instead of RAW by mistake)
- Dim the red LED while recording (make it less distracting)