|This site contains affiliate links to products and services. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links.|
Canon has released new specifications for the Canon EOS R3, but has left many others undisclosed. The Canon EOS R3 will shoot RAW video, and by the looks of it, it will not shoot 8K. In a normal Canon move, they have made the Canon EOS R3 compatible with the LP-E19 battery from the EOS-1D X Mark II and EOS-1D X Mark III. Canon is also adding AF tracking for cars, motorcycles, and other motorsports.
Check out all of the new features and specifications below.
From Canon Australia:
Today we’re releasing new and exciting specs for the Canon EOS R3, marking a new era for sports, wildlife, and news photographers.
The EOS R3 will take object-tracking to another level – adding Auto Focus (AF) tracking for motorsports which include racing cars and motorbikes.
In addition to this, it’s been confirmed that the camera will feature 8 Stops Coordinated Control IS with Optical Image Stabilization and In-Body Image Stabilization.
New Canon EOS R3 Specifications:
- Multi-Controller & Smart Controller
- Vari-Angle Touch Screen
- NEW accessory shoe
- Wifi 5GHz
- High speed 30fps electronic shutter with AF/AE tracking + RAW shooting at this speed
- AF down to -7.0 EV
- 8 Stops Coordinated Control IS with Optical IS and In-Body IS
- 4K Canon Log3
- Oversampling 4K
- Internal RAW video
- Inclusion of cars and motorbikes in AF tracking technology
- RAW internal movie recording
- Speedlite shooting with electronic shutter
- The same weather sealing as the EOS-1D series
- LP-E19 Battery
- Dual card slot SD & CFExpress