|This site contains affiliate links to products and services. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links.|
December 20, 2018, Saitama, Japan – As the 2nd update announcement of our October 25th compatibility information of Tamron Di/Di II series for Canon mount models on Canon EOS R and Mount Adapter EF-EOS R, we would like to announce that new firmware version is now available for the following Tamron model. The new F/W version makes the model compatible with Canon “EOS R” and Canon “Mount Adapter EF-EOS R” for general operations(*1).
The lens firmware can be updated with the separately sold TAP-in Console.
If you do not have a TAP-in Console, please contact your nearest Tamron distributors.
Compatible Tamron Lenses as of 12/20/18 
- SP 15-30mm F/2.8 Di VC USD G2 (Model A041) for Canon
- SP 24-70mm F/2.8 Di VC USD G2 (Model A032) for Canon
- SP 70-200mm F/2.8 Di VC USD G2 (Model A025) for Canon
- SP 150-600mm F/5-6.3 Di VC USD G2 (Model A022) for Canon
- SP 35mm F/1.8 Di VC USD (Model F012) for Canon
- SP 45mm F/1.8 Di VC USD (Model F013) for Canon
- SP 85mm F/1.8 Di VC USD (Model F016) for Canon
- SP 90mm F/2.8 Di VC USD 1:1 MACRO (Model F017) for Canon
- 17-35mm F/2.8-4 Di OSD (Model A037) for Canon
- 70-210mm F/4 Di VC USD (Model A034) for Canon
 Functions used on DSLR cameras
 With the latest version of lens firmware