I have received very few tidbits about the coming high-megapixel RF mount camera coming from Canon, but that has started to change over the last couple of weeks.
Anything in the quotes below is directly from what I have been told. The information sent did require a bit of reading between the lines, and I've done my best to be accurate.
I have been told the following about the coming Canon EOS R5s (Unofficial name):
- Approxamently 90mp sensor
- “Pixel-shift like feature” to add resolution (Perhaps like Fujifilm's feature in the GFX 100?). Total resolution “north of 300mp”.
- Nearly identical body design as the Canon EOS R5.
- Video features are “NOT a focus” of the Canon EOS R5s.
- Image stabilization will be a “slightly different version” than the current RF mount cameras.
- Pricing will be “similar” to the Canon EOS R5.
- Announcement scheduled for Q1 of 2021 (All announcements are still a moving target for obvious reasons.)
More to come…